Mental Health Forums

Lost

charlotte23

hI I am charlotte, 27 years old and have BPD, So i'm going to lay all my card on the table so to speak at first when i was diagnosed it seemed a relieve but now i feel it so much more than i can control and am very much lost in the world. i struggle to know who i am or how to value myself, i tend to let other abuse me and have found my self asking why me? i know this is not the case but my life has thrown me lots of hard punches and usually i would fight back. I am finding it difficult to find energy and have a daughter who needs a healthy mummy and i feel i cannot offer her what she should have. there is no support given to me within my family, i try to get them to understand the intensity of my emotions but they blame me or worst still ignore me! sorry if i have waffled on but am really needing some support or even understanding with anyone in a similar situation would be good :)

Hi Charlotte,

i hear you and understand, sorry things are so tough right now, have you been offered any kind of therapy or counselling?

xx xx xx

yes i do a group called stairways at a local mental health services, its helped me loads but its not enough to contain it or make if liveable i feel, how bout you do you?

Try to use the extra support from stairways as much as you can, is it a group thing?

I'm currently doing Dialectical behavioural therapy which is really tough, but worth it in the long run.

xx xx xx

yes its a group thing, i go every fortnight without fail. its a life line but it so hard a t home and my brain is very over active all day and night cant shut off, how do you feel about your diagnosis?

Its good you feel better with the group.

I don't like my diagnosis because I tend to get looked down on by the MH service... but I've had to learn to live with that, like you I was relieved at first, i suppose to know how I felt and how i behaved had a name... but is also a bit scary as well.

xx xx xx

Again agree with Jinxsta, dx was a relief at first but MH service screwed me up by sending me to Turning Point for drug counselling, which to me was missing the point (and which nearly led me to become a heroin addict, but that's another story). I'm finding the more people I get to know online or irl who have BPD, the less lost I feel. It's such a relief to know I'm not alone and that finally I belong somewhere. This place is amazing, and I'm glad you've found it. You'll find the help and support and understanding invaluable in the months ahead :)

(((Charlotte23)))..........Hello and Welcome..........I just wanted to say hi and I'm glad you have found this place, and with time will meet people here, cos they are here, who not only feel as you do and experience emotions as you do, but are also Mum's, doing their very best to cope with themselves and the ones they love dearly.xxx Stay around and you will meet many.xxx

Archived