Mental Health Forums

Reasons To Be Cheerful, Part 3

Data

I am feeling positive at this very moment so I thought I'd share some good things with you all.

• I've been given 3 jobs to do at work, and they are more interesting than what I normally get. I am a software developer. I've got a week or two to do them and some autonomy as well - its up to me how I do them, and in what order, etc. I am actually looking forward to what I have to do on Monday, for a change!
  • Next week I get to work from home. Normally I have to live 130 miles away from my family in the week, as that is where my job is. But next week I have a medical appointment on a Wednesday that I couldn't rearrange, so I get to work from my bedroom all week. Its up to me what hours I work, as long as I get 7.4 hours in a day. And I get the company of my wife and children on an evening! And at lunchtime lol. It also means that my wife can leave our daughter (aged 12) in the house with me if she is going out to do something that she doesn't want to go to.
  • I have a telephone technical interview on Friday at 1pm for a company that does scientific computing and algorithms. I am really excited, it sounds just the sort of thing I like!
  • My son planted a sunflower a few months ago and when I came home (to my family) yesterday I noticed it has flowered! We have a huge pretty yellow flower in the front garden.
  • Today we are going to a classic car rally at Attingham Park. It sounds like it might be good family fun. My 8 year old son particularly enjoys cars. I'm not too fussed but I have been looking for something that we can do to bond,

:masked:

Thanks Threemoons and Bubbles.

I'd not say that my life is extraordinarily cheerful though. Just that it has its ups and downs :):(. And I'm on an up at the moment, so I am enjoying it whilst it lasts!

As it turns out, I got the wrong day for the classic car rally, we went there but there was nothing happening lol. So we went to a country place where there is a large hill and they have gliders and microlights. Its interesting seeing gliders take off and seeing those colourful little things that people strap themselves into an and then fly off the hillside.

There were also horses roaming free. Some of them were about as high as my waist, they were cute!

Hey data

Really good to hear of your possitive things right now with job and interview and being at home whilst u work which will give u family time which is always a bonus xx

thanks for sharing as i like to read about goos things too.

Lovely big sunflower xx

Archived