Mental Health Forums

Puppy Progress

artemis84

Things have been pretty hard going for me lately but I did have a genuine smile on my face this evening. My new puppy Maisie completed her puppy training classes! She got her very own certificate and a toy to prove it and I just wanted to share her news. Here she is with both prizes:

:) I am so proud of her for making good progress despite my own recent crapness probably affecting her.

Ooooh look at those legs...........she's gonna grow up into a fine, well trained, hairy legged, young canine lady...........(((artemis84)))........sorry you are having a really tough time. :grouphug[1]: Well done to Maisie for doing so so well in her puppy training.xxx She looks absolutely gorgeous, and brought a smile to my face reading this and seeing the picture.

• 1 month later...

Just had to take poor Maisie to the emergency vets as she was suddenly very poorly tonight with v&d.

They have kept her in and put her on a drip.

:crying_anim02: Very sad and anxious.

My poor little thing, I hope they can make her feel better...

(((artemis and Maisie)))............Oh no.................I really hope the vets will work wonders and that Maisie gets better very soon.xxx I would be beside myself, so thinking of you (((artemis))).xxx Maybe she's eaten something that she shouldn't have, you know what dogs can be like..............Really hope Maisie will be ok.xxx

Thanks for everyone's hugs and thoughts.

I'm very pleased to say that I brought Maisie back home tonight. She is still not herself (very quiet and lethargic - very unlike her!) and will be on antibiotics for a few days yet but hopefully she is well on the road to recovery. The vet said he was impressed at how quickly she was fighting the infection off, bless her!

I think now I understand some of what parents say about always worrying about their kids (even when they grow up)...

I'm so glad she's back at home with you so you can look after her, give her hugs, love and attention. All the things you deserve too. Take care of yourself and the little gorgeous pup xxxxx

• 7 months later...

Maisie recently celebrated her first birthday!!

Thought I'd update you all with a couple of recent photos...

She is still my lovely, happy go-lucky pup but not so small anymore - she's about the size of a border collie!

I can't believe she is 1 already but I know she has made my life so much more live-able for every minute she has been with me.

She really is amazing Maisie!

:D She'll chase anything that gets thrown for her - or even that doesn't. Pigeons are her current favourite but unfortunately for her they know how to fly away!

Archived