Mental Health Forums

Is There Hope For Those With Bpd?

charlotte23

Is there anyone who would like to get no one another in order to gain support and give support. am finding myself in a dark horrible place trying to climb out but its dragging me in more help!! does anybody have ideas that can help with the symptoms of BPD that they found helpful please? :/

Hello. Welcome to the site. I hope you are finding it helpful so far.

It sounds a bit counter-intuitive, but perhaps what you need now is to stop trying so hard to climb out of that dark place, and just accept that you are in it for now. If you have BPD there is no quick fix solution so learning to accept the suffering is quite a big part of getting better.

Hi Charlotte,

The most popular and effective treatment for BPD is Dialectical behavioural therapy, I believe there are resources on it online that people have found helpful, so may be worth doing a search on that, there are also a few books available that prove helpful;

Managing intense emotions and overcoming self-destructive behaviours By Lorraine Bell

The borderline personality disorder survival guide: Everything you need to know about living with BPD By Alex Chapman

Mindfulness for borderline personality disorder : relieve your suffering using the core skill of Dialectical behavioural therapy By Blaise Aguirre.

Of course posting on here helps too, sharing your experiences and getting feedback from like minded people.

xx xx xx

Archived