Mental Health Forums

My New Musical Hobby

lonelyheartemma

Honestly Emma, all I remember off by heart are some Enya songs my friend taught me when I was about 10! But I've found some online sheet music for my favourite pianist, Ludovico Einaudi, and I'm gong to TRY and see if I can play some of that....hard stuff though! I also compose my own songs.

I'm right with you Pickle, this thread has rekindled in me something that I'd forgotten gives me so much pleasure. Thank you Emma :bigarmhug[1]:

And if we're doing an online orchestra, can I be the one in the trouser suit at the grand piano??!!?!?

Dolly xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love The Swan Pickle :) That's one of the pieces of music I'd most like to play. It's the very last song in my 'tutor' book. I have learned two other Carnival of the Animals pieces- The Elephant and The Tortoise- so eventually I'll have my own Carnival of the Animals suite :)

And thank you for that clip. I have always admired Yo Yo Ma's technical brilliance but this is the first thing I've heard him play that I really felt in my heart. I really wanted to have an emotional reaction to such a brilliant player and now I have :) It was so so beautiful.

Dolly good luck with your new pieces, hard music can be very rewarding and like I said earlier it can be less of a pressure because it feels 'okay' to find it difficult. And most of all I hope it's fun! Yes of course you can be the one in the trouser suit at the grand piano :) You can be our resident composer too!I

Though I have to say easy music can also be fun. I played Hickory Dickory Dock today, very simple tune but I really enjoyed trying to get the effect of the mouse running up the clock and being frightened by the clock striking one and coming down again!

Archived