Mental Health Forums

Attempting To Explain

jaynaygee

I was diagnosed six years ago with BPD. That was pretty much it..."you have borderline personality disorder and your behaviour is capricious" I felt as though I had a disorder that was a nuisance. I largely ignored the diagnosis until a couple of years ago. I began reading and had the "WOW, THAT'S ME" moment. My problem now, is how to explain it to people who are dear to me. I met a man recently and decided to keep our relationship "casual" ...He said to me one evening "I really love you to pieces, but sometimes you're just TOO MUCH, so often I ignore your calls and messages" I psyched myself up and four weeks later attempted to explain WHY I come across as "too much" ...It just left me frustrated. The old accusations of "manipulative" or "attention seeking" while not vocalised were definitely implied. So please, can anyone tell me, just what is the best way to give someone an understanding of what it really is like to be a person with BPD?

(((jaynaygee)))..........Hello and :welcomeani: ........I can't think of the name of the book right now, but I know there is one, which has been recommended on here by several members, to help, hopefully, loved ones to gain a little bit more understanding............xxx

I hope you will like it here.............Pickles.xxx

Archived