Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Passion, And What Does It Bring To Your Life?

Kitsune

Realising what you have a passion for seems to be a very important thing in today's world, so I'm just wondering what people's passions are, and what it brings to their lives? What do you love about your passion, how do you pursue it, have you ever had to turn your back on it for some reason and what happened if you did? Do you have more than one passion, and what effect does it have for you and on your mental health?

Hey there My big love is music, it always has been :), it brings healing to me as I express myself through music. Listening to it, singing, playing music games or having a go with instruments. I just love it all. I couldn't imagine a world without music!!!. Anything artistic again like drawing, painting, writing is all good for my mh. I would be lost without it!!! Xxx

Oh gosh; passion.

Without it my life would be useless.

I am passionate about helping others, being a good person, creating a better world.

And about self growth and writing and learning and my friends.

I write daily. I read lots of subjects that I think will widen my world, very into Buddhism at the moment. But just the practical side of it not the belief system that goes with it (reincarnation etc). I practice mindfulness, acceptance etc daily.

I try be the best friend I can be and in general the best person, bring love to everyone I meet.

I find that the more I find passion in my life, which goes with meaning for me, my mental health improves. It fills emptiness, it distracts when needed, it gives fulfilment and a sense of purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

My passion was doing cross-stitch, seems pretty lame but I would love watching the picture grow and the different shades of colour becoming a visual texture. One little cross after another becoming something beautiful.

Unfortunately it's been over a year since I have had the concentration to do it, would make mistakes and become very frustrated and angry with myself, hopefully one day I will be able to do it again.

MUSIC! Singing is my thing, but haven't done it in a while as my confidence is a tad shattered, and there are people around these parts who I'd prefer to avoid, so getting centre stage with lights on me is terrifying!

Writing is a necessity rather than a passion. I love writing, it stems from a need to quieten the verbal diaorrhea :) making it my career as we speak, so I hope it will continue to be a passion rather than a chore.

Reading is a great one for my MH. I have such an over-active imagination, so I can get completely lost in a book, and forget about the outside world.

Travelling has always been my passion. To explore new cultures, food, music, and to become totally immersed in something completely new. It also helps to remind me that no matter what crap is going on in my head, or in the town around me, there is more to life than my one horse town, and so rather than feel like SH and ending it all when things go bad, I just imagine running away, knowing that there are other options.

Torture...........I love!!......kill people!!.........eat them!!........

.........and yet?

we have become so evolved, that we wouldn't want to scratch each other's nailpaint, lest we break one

"Modern Society", what is that all about?? .............

GET A GRIP people!!

Doodling... and painting nails. I have about 120 nail polishes and sequins, gems, brushes and all kinds to stick on them. It calms me. Unless it goes wrong in which case I get very annoyed!

And doodling can help even when I have a horrible day, but I don't do as much art as I think might be good for me.

I am not sure what my passion is. I like youtube. I like food. I like american culture. I like history.

I like computers, but the industry can be a problem. I would like a simple job for the time being.

Just to potter around.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived