Mental Health Forums

Started Relationship, Feeeling Great

berenger

I've just started a proper relationship with a woman i was friends with for a long time and i'm over the moon !. Could be best thing to happen to me for ages.

She's pretty, funny, intelligent, kind and just really lovely. She got a bit drunk on saturday and told me how she felt. I wasn't sure if it was the drink affecting her so i arranged to meet up today and she said those are her true feelings. We've spent a couple of lovely evenings together.

My bpd has made relationships difficult but she knows all about my mental health and i feel a bit more maturer and well than i have in the past.

She's a bit older than me but i don't care.

I just hope it can last and we can have a good time and be fond of each other.

I really hope it goes well :) It must be a big help that you both know each other well already, that means you don't have to bother with the stresses and explanations of getting to know each other, you can just get on with the relationship.

Also I hope this doesn't sound rude/patronising in any way but I think it's really lovely that you checked she really meant it before you started the relationship, it shows you really value her as a friend. She's really lucky :)

Archived