Mental Health Forums

Tingling In Legs

Elke

I just had a huge argument - once again - with my sister. Its impossible to talk to her, she called me and ran her mouth bombing me - and I couldnt get a word in sideways. I began to yell to get words through to her - it didnt phase her a bit, she just kept going and going and going. I´ve now decided, I will not answer her calls anymore.

I dont know if this huge argument was the cause. I had to get out of the apartment and went food shopping.

I felt a tingling feeling down my legs, like my skin had been turned inside out. Still have it. Dont know if it has anything to do with the stress of this verbal tearing apart or not.

Does anyone get this - and have an idea what it is?

I dont even know if this is a mh problem or due to health, as I also have a spinal disorder. I dont know .

It could be due to stress as anxiety is often linked to that feeling of pins and needles/ tingly odd sensations in the body and i get restless legs if i'm stressed which is fun. Perhaps leave it for a a bit and see if it stops/ calms down as you calm down, if it keeps going after a few days or gets worse then maybe it's linked to health and then you can go to your docs with any worries you have.

Sorry your sister chewed you out like that, i agree that not picking up her calls for a bit would be an idea, especially if she's just ringing up to have a go, she wouldn't like it if you did it to her. Perhaps you could write her a letter if you need to talk to her in future so that you can at least potentially have your say without her talking over you?

*hugs*

Thanks Kitsune xxx

Best to avoid her. Even if I wrote her a letter, she would talk about me. To her husband, to her children ( my nephews), to the polish nurse, to relatives, to my son, etc. etc. She has EVERYONE wrapped around her little finger - dont ask me how she does it, but she has this charisma.

I hope no Aries here is offended, but I once read that their profession is "Winner". And so it is.

Just time for me to move on.......

Thanks xxx

Or run? I feel like such a coward facing her. Always have. It wasnt too long ago, that she attacked me in the old folks home, where mom was for two weeks. I was already heading for the door, when I suddenly turned around and grabbed her by the throat.

Not good, I need to get out of her way. Sad that sisters are like this. I know of so many others that have a good relationship with their siblings. I acknowledged all that she does for my mom, but she doesnt believe me. Sad, sad, sad.

Thanks much xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile, I had a blood test done. My potassium level is high and next week I have a gp appointment. I read about it on internet and what I found shocked me. High potassium level can cause emotional disorders, numbness, muscle spasms, and tingling in arms and legs. It regulates the heart and muscle functions. And if too high can lead to death. I dont know why they gave me an appointment in a week and not immediately.

Archived