Mental Health Forums

Had A Good Day Today

Riverspell

I had a X-Files marathon with my step-mother while she did the laundry and I scribbled on pieces of paper.

We started the day by taking my sister to see her boyfriend. I got my step-mom coffee and me a breakfast sandwich.

Then we returned home and proceeded to spend the rest of the day, except dinner time when we went out and got Chinese food, watching 7 1/2 hours of X-Files. She got the laundry done, I did some drawing and some letter writing.

It was good and relaxing.

No one fought today, made it even better. Though there was still talk about no money and not knowing what to do. And a couple lectures but they were no biggies. I was refusing to let anything make me feel down today.

Found out someone I'm close to has started cutting, though it upset me it didn't make me real down like it normally would. Part of me felt wrong about that but I know getting really upset over it won't help her either. So I just drew some butterflies on my arm and shared the project with her. She drew butterflies tonight instead of cutting so I feel better about my emotions toward it.

I thought I'd share a good day than constantly the bad. Hope it gives someone else some hope and cheer.

The picture attached is part of the butterfly drawing I did in sharpie on my arm. It wraps around my forearm.

Archived