Mental Health Forums

Better Day Today

Riverspell

Thought since I whine so much I should contribute something good today. xD

So it's been about a week with withdrawals and today was the first day I felt decent. I managed to keep most food in me, I was eating simple things like broth and basic chicken noodle and baked chicken breast with no coatings. Stomach still felt sick but It wasn't overwhelming and I wasn't puking so I count it as good.

Also my body doesn't hurt near as bad. I was able to take several moments to relax instead of being all tensed up with ouch. Didn't need a crap ton of aleve, advil and tylenol either!

I checked in with my psych today. She told me she didn't expect the withdrawals to be this bad as she thought I had more of the meds than I did. I guess I didn't communicate that well. Oh well. But she did say that I was probably through the worst of it now. I may have one or two more days that may be bad but she doubts it. Says I'm probably going to be ok now, especially with the regular seroquel getting into my system over the next few days. She does not believe that I need to replace the abilify as of now because I am surprisingly doing so well emotionally and mentally. (Forgot to tell her this but I haven't had a single hallucination in four days. Usually that means I'll have an eventual explosion of it but I'm praying fiercely that this is another good sign!).

So, yup, surprisingly doing ok! She thinks the tegretol they put me on has a lot to do with it. Think it may have been the med we've been looking for.

Usually when I make a major change in my meds I go bonkers. From not sleeping, sickness and sheer mental and emotional distress. It's landed me in the hospital twice.

But this time around, even though there's been two or three days where I was literally up the whole time (twice for 30-32 hours before I managed to pass out), I've only had two or three crying and distressed episodes, absolutely no cutting, no suicidal ideation, no violent thoughts, no strange talk and behavior, and just generally doing ok.

Remarkably ok to be honest. Even though I've felt like shit this whole time. xD

I've cried a few times in sheer joy today. I've come to realize this week that despite being really sick I've felt good emotionally and mentally for the first time in a few years. I know it may not last but I've come to learn I need to celebrate when I can. I'm going to try and take it easy for the next month or two (we'll be watching me close for any hint of a downturn to catch it in time) and make sure this stability sticks. But I'm ecstatic at this. I really hope that this tegretol is what we've been looking for!

Keep sticking with it, keep your doctor in how its effecting u. Keep it to yourself, they wont know and u may lasp, just keep going , your worth it ..xxxx

((((Riverspell))))..............Just goes to show that some drugs can cause more harm than good...........so proud of you for going through with this...........it is taking care of yourself..............and I'm so pleased to hear this

''I've cried a few times in sheer joy today''...............That is beautiful...............so good to hear that you are feeling so much better...............you are a very strong young lady.xxx

Thank you Pickle, Barbones.

It's been a long fight but I'm hoping this is the result of it and that I'm going to do better for a while now. I know I may slip up again but I'm hoping and praying this lasts a long while!

Why that kind of party? xD

Since I'm not throwing up at the moment and only having the other terror, I'm doing my best to eat now. So I'd rather have a snack party. xDDD With some Coke or Pepsi. Of the cherry flavor variety. And a cheese log. And some summer sausage and butter crackers. Mmm, that'd be good! Oh and maybe pizza though that'd probably make me sick. xP

Well that's the kind of party you'll be having AFTER the pizza. Also, WHAT is a cheese log or summer sausage? The last time I saw American food it was a tur-duck-hen monstrosity. Also marshmallow fluff, which sounds like the worst thing in the world.

A cheese log is basically a loaf of cheese with some sort of covering. Like almonds. Summer sausage is a type of, well, sausage. It's just firmer and has a specific taste. We mostly get it around Christmas but you can get it now too.

And yes, that'd be the party I would have after that damn pizza. But it sounds so delicious!

Oh. That is a good point. Also you can use it, rather than having unwanted junk collected in your house, but you can't chuck it for fear of offending someone.

Archived