Mental Health Forums

New Job

Data

I've been told verbally today that I am to be offered a new job. Its more interesting than the one I've got at the moment, and far more relevant to my PhD (which I was awarded earlier this year). Its also within commuting distance of my wife/children, which means I no longer have to live away from them during the week.

Its less money, but by the time you take into account the rent on my 2nd home that I won't have to pay, then we will be better off.

I'll be able to live with my wife full-time again and be able to use the qualifications I've worked hard to achieve.

Its difficult at the moment because its not been confirmed in writing. So I can't say anything at work.

And the new job is confidential (not MI5 or anything!) just i am working on something that is commercially sensitive.

This weekend I am celebrating with some booze and decent food.

I am hoping I will have started there by December. Next year, with a new job and a new lifestyle, I am going to start working on my obesity and binge drinking again.

I can't wait to see my 9 year old son tomorrow, he will be so happy!

Super news, I was prepared to feel envy, but reading your excitement made me so happy for you. It is really encouraging for me to watch you keep reaching, it gives me hope. Congrats and double gold stars!

Thanks walker, Saharah Blue, Pickle59, morethanme, PDBPD, Bubbles and artemis84.

It was hard today not being able to mention it at work, but I'll get used to it. Its like a double life lol.

Its given me more confidence in myself. Someone believes in me. And if I try and try and try again - then I sometimes get there!

Archived