Mental Health Forums

The Praise Room

Kitsune

Hey guys,

Everybody needs a little praise sometimes, a well done, a keep going, someone noticing that they've done something. Many of us either didn't get praise/validation or got it sporadically when we were younger, and that is often still the case.

So this post is about giving praise and validation to things which you have/ are doing. Come in and post what you've done or want some recognition on, be it breathing, getting out of bed in the morning, making a life change, starting something, finishing something or climbing a mountain. There's nothing too big or too small!

Then hopefully people can come on and say 'hey- well done you!'. It isn't bad to feel proud of something that you have done, it's pat on the back time : )

Kit xx

Congratulations, it must have been difficult but you've done 5 months already which is fantastic! Well done on the assessment, keep up the good work : )

• Like 1

Kitsune what a wonderful idea! I am going to pin it!

Johnboot; I cannot imagine how hard it must to overcome an addiction Ive never had one. Awesome!!!

Sahara; That is a true art youre mastering there bet it feels really good too!

Lily

• Like 2

Ok, here goes. The statement I made in this thread is false. I have been at AA 5 months, but I have picked up a drink twice in those five months. I have not been totally dry. This was dishonest of me, and I do not deserve the praise I received. I apologise to everyone unreservedly.

• Like 3

(((John)))......I have noted, very kindly and gently with a nodding head that it must have taken a lot for you to come back here, and admit this..........and admit you have, and that is a really good thing, and you deserve a hug and gentle loving understandings and much admiration for coming clean, in your sharing your temporary anomaly with your truth.............This is the real progress..............coming face to face with your own temporary denials of the truth.............progress, very much indeed...........(((Hugs))) John.............I was a bit worried, when I initially read,...........so I am really pleased to see that you have set the record straight with yourself and with us................and this deserves a huge pat on the back, and a very big Pickles nod.xxx Honesty is definitely the way forward, and every day you get under your belt, every hour you get under your belt is deserving of (((Johns))) recognition of how well you are doing...........It really doesn't have to be months, for others to give you a pat on the back..........every day you deserve a little chip for not picking up that first drink...........and for each day you succeed, well it is a miracle..........Pickles.xxx

• Like 3

Thank you pickles, that was a very kind and thoughtful post. Truth is, I doubt very much if I would have come clean at all, had it not been for a prompt from a forum member to me in PM, pointing out my discrepancy . I am not by nature an untruthful person, and I am relieved to be able to set the record straight. (((pickle))) xxx.

What a great idea of a thread.

John - You have great courage in admitting what you have done and so what you have had a drink twice in 5 months? I still think that it is brilliant, I still want to praise you and say well done ((((John))) xxxx

• Like 3

I also remembered reading a tread of yours John, quite recently, about you feeling very low because of having had a drink. I think that s great that you corrected your statement and i can see how disappointing it may feel that you haven't been 100% dry as you wished. I think that working towards 100% is the goal in this case. It may well be that 'all or nothing' thinking has to be adopted (the nothing aspect of it, of course ;-)).

Congratulations for the great progress John. You haven't manage so many days without drinking for many years. You've worked very hard and hopefully you'll get to the 100% you wish for.

xxx

• Like 3

Well done John, honesty can be so hard and feel so risky sometimes so good on you for taking the leap. : )

Today the show finished and I did my best with the energy that I had, we got through it despite all the ups and downs and even though I feel I could have worked harder I did what I could with the time that I had. I worked really hard to learn the pro wrestling moves and practice the fight as much as possible even though I'm super unfit. And now, even though I'm sad that I can't do another show because I have work committments I'm going to give myself the rest I know I need and work on other areas of my life for a bit.

• Like 1

Well done everyone today for the big and small battles faced X And John don't beat yourself up for coming clean about your drinking, the fact is you've only had two drinks in five months, that's a massive achievement and you had another one by being honest even if it was prompted, good for you. Saharah well done too, building it up a day at a time is a fabulous idea and plan, I'm doing the same myself with work as I've just had a fazed return back into it, good luck for the upcoming days, weeks and months your doing brilliantly! :D

Ok here's mine:

I made it through yesterday...which was an extremely hard day mentally and physically..especially physically

I am in 2 classes now: adobe illustrator and poetry...and I am really enjoying both of them a lot, I am volunteering for outreach harm reduction for drug users and street persons etc (because I think it's an important cause and because that's one of the big areas of the community centre I attend), continuing to work on my health, and I am trying to work on my self esteem a bit more... I have not self harmed in almost 4 months now despite some intense urges and difficult circumstances as I am currently living with a disability, mh issues and poverty.......and a few days ago I went out of my comfort zone and met a few new people who were working on an art project and I stepped wayyyyyyy out of my comfort zone to be part of it, and I think she was really pleased with my performance

• Like 2

well done Art, you're inspiring :). you're doing so much positive stuff whilst battling so many obstacles, keep up the good work, *huge cuddles* xx

• Like 2

thanks Kitsune- your support to me has always been invaluable and I also forgot to mention congrats on your show and everything it sounds like you have a lot of great things going on as well

oh and john I forgot to say....kudos for the stopping drinking....a few slips don't change anything you're still doing great work