Mental Health Forums

The Praise Room

Kitsune

Ok I know I did mine already but I also have to add something today cuz I actually feel proud of myself and this is rare for me...... today I was still having a rough day and not feeling well but I still somehow managed to make positive steps. I inquired about a possible gig to make a little extra money, so we'll see if that works out or not, but I'm proud of myself for even just applying and following through.. I made a bunch of phone calls I had to make and I didn't even hesitate very long to make them (usually it takes me about half an hour to work up the nerve to call someone I've never called before etc)....and I think I'm finally starting to be able to admit to myself my limitations and that my expectations of myself have been way too high

:)

• Like 3

Well done everyone.

I thought I would add mine.

I have made it through half a term back at work with only 1 day off. It has been a major struggle but am really proud of myself for not giving up.

I also made it through the weekend with my mum visiting, which was really hard as she doesn't know about any of my mh.

• Like 3

Well done Art, was thinking about you today and how you still manage to take positive steps when you're got so much to deal with! Wish I could summon up that grit!

Good job Daisycat for making it through, knew you could do it :) xxx

Can we praise others in this room? In some ways I don't want to because anyone I don't mention might be upset and there isn't anyone who doesn't deserve praise except those annoying spammer people.

But I would like to say thank you to Art Matters for being supportive and helpful and not giving up on me when I got upset and to Aurora for also not giving up on me over several months and thank you to everyone else who's made a post that's made me feel happier in any way. I'd also like to praise Data for sorting out his work problems so brilliantly. I wish I was more like him.

• Like 3

I went out with friends and had a lovely time. It was great to stop thinking about my difficulties and pains and just act normal. I now feel a bit empty and scared as i know that there is a monster inside me. Still, i want to congratulate me for giving myself a break. Who knows if the monster will become softer and softer and softer until it's a lovely sweet monster?

Edited by karaindrou
  • Like 1

Well done Karai, it can be hard to go out and be around people when we are finding it hard so good on you for getting out there and having a good time and giving yourself a much needed break. We all have a little monster inside of us but we have angels too and all the other metaphors- that makes you wonderfully human and wonderfully you. *big hugs*

I finally got back in contact with two of my friends who fell out of contact with last year during my difficult avoidant period, I haven't heard back yet and though I wish I had never done it or had recontacted earlier I am proud that I finally did it and that I was level with my reply and said sorry but didn't gush and self flagellate. I am hoping that the replies will be positive and that eventually I will be able to explain and will be able to rebuild the connections with them.

This has been a very big thing for me and I know that it is opening up a can of worms that I'd happily avoid but I will put my best foot forward and slog through whatever pain and fear there may be to get to where I need or want to be and to improve my relationships.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you sueblue, keep up the good work, you can do it : )

I got up and tidied part of my room even though I feel numb and apathetic, I also resisted the urge to push myself to do more and am ignoring the inner critic which demands I do more. I have done just enough for my energy leves today.

Kitsune that's supergood about contacting your friends and how you did it!

I did something today that was really hard for me,I could have postponed it but I didn't and now its done :)

I have formed a club for people who go on short walks in my local area:

http://www.meetup.com/telfordwalkers/

So far 12 people have registered and I have 2 members who have confirmed they are going on a walk. However, its early days yet!

It has taken a bit of work to set it up as it involves a lot of thought; I've chosen alternating days, times, and different parts of our town for variety, so I can see what people like. I've also uploaded directions, descriptions, website links, and even location maps for some of the walks.

• Like 1

Today I have managed to get my niece off to day hospital, go to the dentist, get my car in the shop for service, have a stolen morning coffee in a french patisserie. Do some grocery shopping and now I making dinner for 3. I am really proud of myself for not slouching on my day off. :)

• Like 1

Well, despite how I was feeling I managed to get my 4 replacement exam essays in on Friday, so I can now draw a line under last year's work and concentrate on this year. It was such a relief when I got the coursework receipt confirmation email.

• Like 1

I have been attending a few music courses. Im doing keyboard, guitar and music production. I have only missed one session of each class so far and have been told im doing well. I even get given extra homework to work on because im taking it in pretty quick which is a shock to me. And i now practice nearly every day and am getting better

• Like 2