Mental Health Forums

Give Yourself A Compliment!

Lily-Bee

In light of Kitsune's post I thought we need more positive threads like that.

I know many of us here are incredibly hard on yourself and fail to see the good in ourselves. I also believe that what you focus on grows and motivates further growth. I suggest posting in here every day but that's up to you, I think by making it a habit to regularly notice something good about yourself it builds to a more balanced view of yourself and hopefully appreciation of self and self compassion.

It can be something seemingly small but if say youre depressed yet you made yourself dinner, that is huge!!

I will start; today I managed to chat with a dear friend without feeling self conscious, I managed to focus on the interaction and ended up enjoying it!

I am happy I haven't lost my urge and desire to want an all encompassing love in my life,for myself, I still want to be infatuated with someone, I still want to not be able get enough of someone, I still want a valentine for the rest of my life, I still want to share my life and creat a life with someone, I just need to find them now ;)

Archived