Mental Health Forums

Update

starryeyesee

Hi all

I haven't been so visible for a while all though I look in almost every day so I thought I would post to let you know how I'm getting on

My life is pretty full at the moment-I am at college 2 days a week and work 3 days a week. I am doing an access course to go to uni next year and am studying psychology, sociology and social history. We are studying mental health in psychology which although a bit triggering its also great to study treatments. My next assignment is the study of depression and how biological (meds), CBT and counselling can treat it...I had to chose one disorder and 3 treatments so I chose these...I would be interested to know what you think-not to help me with my homework as I already have a good idea about what I want to write

Work is going ok but I'm skint and can't do more hours. The colleague who was bullying me has left leaving me and one other activity organiser who I get on really well with so its a lot less stressful.

I start training as a samaritan in February and I am really excited to be helping people in real life.

I am still enjoying being a mod here and really value this forum and all the special people here. I haven't sh'ed since August and am finding myself too busy to get depressed although I keep forgetting to take my anti-d so still have outbursts of tears occasionally. I'm getting discharged from mind and the well being team next week so will only have my gp for support who wants me off the benzos...I'm not keen to upset the apple cart.

To all of you who are suffering I just want to say things can get better and although I fight every day and have to really concentrate and think before my BPD mouth opens I am coping.

much love and hugs to everyone

xxx

Hi starry1 :-)

I haven't met you before - I have only been here a couple of weeks.

Just wanted to reply to your post and 'thank-you' for sharing how things are for you, especially hearing that things are getting gradually better for you - that is really positive and nice to hear :-)

I can appreciate that things are still a big effort for you and that you are keeping busy to help distract you too - but it sounds like you are actually winning at the moment and that I am sure gives all of us here a glimmer of 'hope'. I of course don't know your history or what help you have had etc - but it really is nice of you to share what you did xxx

I hope your course continues to go well and that you do well on your assignments etc - I am sure you will. Glad to hear work has improved for you and I hope your training for the Samaritans goes ok and it is really good to hear that you will be doing that - I am sure you will have a lot to offer in terms of supporting callers when they phone in.

Take care and please do let us know again how you are getting on. Nice to 'meet' you and thanks again for sharing some positive news :-)

*hugs*

nc xXx

starry its good to hear from you and its great that things are going in the direction u want.

good luck with your uni work and job and being discharged from m.h services

keep popping in to say hi.

emo xx

(((starry1)))...It's so good to see you and hear all your positive news.............Sounds like you have a very full life schedule, and you are enjoying all of it.............That's wonderful news, and its great that you are still with us here too.xxx.....Pickles.xxx

Hi starry1 :-)

I haven't met you before - I have only been here a couple of weeks.

Just wanted to reply to your post and 'thank-you' for sharing how things are for you, especially hearing that things are getting gradually better for you - that is really positive and nice to hear :-)

I can appreciate that things are still a big effort for you and that you are keeping busy to help distract you too - but it sounds like you are actually winning at the moment and that I am sure gives all of us here a glimmer of 'hope'. I of course don't know your history or what help you have had etc - but it really is nice of you to share what you did xxx

I hope your course continues to go well and that you do well on your assignments etc - I am sure you will. Glad to hear work has improved for you and I hope your training for the Samaritans goes ok and it is really good to hear that you will be doing that - I am sure you will have a lot to offer in terms of supporting callers when they phone in.

Take care and please do let us know again how you are getting on. Nice to 'meet' you and thanks again for sharing some positive news :-)

*hugs*

nc xXx

Hi nc and welcome :)

Thanks for your message

My history includes 24 yrs of self harm and sui attempts, sectioned in 2008, current dx of BPD, recurrent major depression and anxiety...I am on meds 2 of which I am addicted to. I lived in France 2001-2012, had 4 years of psychoanalytical therapy in French, fell apart when I came back to the UK and it has taken until now to become more stable...

xxx

Hi thanks so much for the replies-it means a lot and its lovely to communicate with old and new friends :)

I will try to be a bit more visible from now on

love to all

xxx

Hi starry

I am really sorry if I gave the impression I needed to know your 'history' etc - I didn't mean it in that way - I put it wrongly and I am sorry :-(

Thanks for sharing what you did - but that was not what I meant for you to do. You have been through an awful lot starry ((((((hugs)))))) and that just makes what you are doing now all the more amazing. I too have self harmed a long time and still struggle with it a lot. I also have depression and anxiety and several pd's - although the pd's are only recently being followed up on etc. I am 32 by the way.

I hope you continue to fight as hard as you are and grow in confidence and strength and know that we are all here for you in both good and bad times. It is very clear that you are though an awful lot of here xxx

hi nc

no problems

I have been more open and really myself on here than anywhere else

I wanted to tell you a bit about myself and what I've been through not just so we can get to know each other a bit better but also to remind myself how far I've come since I joined in 2008.

bit of a reality check really

also even though I've been reading and moderating I haven't felt I've been helping much so wanted to share some positive vibes with the people I care about

I'll share here in the hope others can relate to me and if its happy or sad its still contributing

It's really good to meet you nc and you seem like a lovely person

Thanks for sharing with me as well, I really appreciate it

much love and hugs

xxx

Hi starry

I am really sorry if I gave the impression I needed to know your 'history' etc - I didn't mean it in that way - I put it wrongly and I am sorry :-(

Thanks for sharing what you did - but that was not what I meant for you to do. You have been through an awful lot starry ((((((hugs)))))) and that just makes what you are doing now all the more amazing. I too have self harmed a long time and still struggle with it a lot. I also have depression and anxiety and several pd's - although the pd's are only recently being followed up on etc. I am 32 by the way.

I hope you continue to fight as hard as you are and grow in confidence and strength and know that we are all here for you in both good and bad times. It is very clear that you are though an awful lot of here xxx

Hi Starry

Thanks for your response - I am grateful you took the time to say it was ok about your 'sharing' etc. I was worried I had upset/offended/pressurised you in some way and that had not been my intention........

I would really like the chance to get to know you (and everyone here) more and offer as much support as I am receiving.

Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you around when you are able to pop in and remember people are here for you during your good and not so good times xxx

Archived