Mental Health Forums

What Do You Want/need?

Kitsune

Everybody wants or needs something, it can range from wanting a warm blanket or cuddle, to wanting to travel to the moon. Listening to that inner part, no matter what age or what the need is can really help focus on what we want from life, what our needs are, what changes we want to make and how we want to build a life that is our own, to find out who we are as individuals.

If you know your goal, no matter the size, you can make the first steps in obtaining it.

It's ok to voice what you want, your inner needs are important, it's not bad to want or need things!

So... what do you want? What do you need?

wants: to be a practicing artist and/or cartoonist and/or comic writer/illustrator, to feel/be more independent, to have enough money to not have to worry about it all the time, better friendships, cuddles/hugs.....and......right now I just want to eat an entire pizza to myself and other such gluttonous activities cuz I'm hungry as f*ck lol (which I guess is good news cuz I've been struggling with really low appetite for the past two weeks, but I guess it came down to actually running out of food and eating boring things like rice that got me to get my appetite back lol- although to be honest I probably couldn't actually eat as much as my mind is telling me it could right now lol I'd probably eat like one piece and barf cuz that's more the reality lately haha)....oh and SEX (holy fuck celebate for a year and like 2 months now... I feel like I am dying lolol...I have a high sex drive...but right now I feel too vulnerable to hook up with a random and no one has entered the picture in a more serious way yet so...a lil more waiting for me)

needs: love, affection, kindness, compassion, hugs, hugs, hugs lol......did I mention hugs?lol

i would like and need some decent rest and sleep and my body to stop aching. also i would like someone to be able accept and love me for who i am to have some warm affection and hugs

I will hug all of you if you don't mind that I somehow have b.o. right now despite the fact that I've probably taken about 4 or 5 showers/baths since yesterday lmao

*wink and the gun*

I need/want to have more self compassion.

I need/want to keep practising my tools.

I need/want to trust my own insights and gut.

I need/want to keep learning, growing.

I want very much the support of my friends (I have that, very much so just afraid of losing it).

I want to be less afraid in general. And more easy going.

And lastly totally impossible but hey can wish; want to not feel this sadness.

I want (and definitely need) to grow up and stop taking everything as a sign that I'm a completely horrible person. Maybe I am but that doesn't mean everything is a sign of that.

I want to be seen officially as a married person and not a single person. But I don't need that.

I need to go to the doctor tomorrow but I don't want to because it's going to be difficult. But it's got to be done.

I need some new shoes. I want some new shoes but I don't need them.

I want to become who I am, to accept who I am, to connect to my feelings and I want it to happen now!

I need to be connected

I need to build a life worth living

I need to feel

I need the truth

Kitsune: you are already you- wonderful you :)........I believe you will find those things.....the TRUTH is...life is already happening all around you, and you are already more connected than you know....I wrote a poem about that recently actually...about struggling and finally finding that universal sense of 'connection'...I will PM it to you... it might not help any but you and others on this site have already helped me feel more connected so the least I could do is share my poem with you and you can be the first to read it

Lily-bee it sounds like you are already doing some great work

Bubbles- I hope you feel more connected to your feelings soon..sometimes mindfulness can help but sometimes you just have to ride it out and that kind of sucks sometimes

john and ruffryder: if you want love, give love...eventually some of it will come back :)...maybe not exactly in the way you want/need at this moment right now but in time life has things in store for us down the road if we are willing to continue walking down our path...sometimes we get lost...but sometimes we get found *hugs*

I need to feel that my world is not going to collapse every time i give a little step forward.

I need to sshhhOOOOUUUUTTTT and be born again.

On a more practical level... i need to do the washing up.

Archived