Mental Health Forums

Is This Happiness?

JBR2890

I've always been a bit skeptical about feeling happy in life. It's never seemed to last very long and I don't think I've enjoyed it as much as I probably should have.

I've met a person who I've always been looking for...she is the first person who I trust completely...I never worry about her leaving me or abandoning me. It's quite comforting though I'm slightly scared that I've left myself so open to hurt.

Should I just embrace this feeling of contentment and joy? It's a sad state of affairs really. I have spent my life waiting for feelings like this and when they finally come I'm not completely convinced by them!

Hopefully some of you guys will know where I'm coming from.

Jordan

Hi Jordan, Get out there and carpe some diem . Squeeze all the joy and love and goodness out of every single minute, because not all minutes have that in them.

To me if things have gone wrong so long it would be hard for u to think that this will work and be happy.

Just take things slowly and try to think about why and what and you will do? Also think how she will take it and what she knows of you and u try to understand things.

hell im sure that didnt make sense.

At the moment im going through psychotherapy and im suppose to look at the other person. hell i dont know, i thought would give it a try.

Take care hun, im sure it will go if u work on it.

Can't help you much i suppose. When i think of feeling happier my heart shrinks and i run instantly to the old misery. At least i know where i am and it gives me some sense of security and predictability.

But my friend, i'm trying to work hard on this and so my advise would be the same for you. Enjoy and let the good feelings touch each cell of your body so that they soak up the good feelings and remember them even when things aren't perfect.

Oh, isn't it great to be in love?

:-)

xxxx

We all have fears of this type of thing, even when I am happy (which is not too frequently just now) I won't dare tell anyone or show anyone and if I think it too loudly in my head I kick myself as I know then it will not last. However, do as I say not as I do! Follow the great advice from john and karaindrou and grab it with both hands and enjoy it! Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you x

Archived