Mental Health Forums

Not Definite Yet But...

lonelyheartemma

I heard back from the publishers. They replied to the email Art Matters helped me to write.

They would like to publish one of my teen books next Valentine's Day! They're not sure which one yet but one of them! They know my health is dodgy so they've said if I can't manage it for February that's okay. It's a very short time for getting a book ready, it's more than a year with most publishers but I'll try my best.

Also I've thought of a way of letting my mum be involved without getting her too involved. I write children's stories as well and I've found a site that will turn your stories into a book for as little as £8.99. I've got loads written already and they're very short, I just need to take photos to illustrate it. The novels will be my actual work but the children's books are going to have a specific role in my life.

I'm going to let my mum read my children's stories and let her criticise them as much as she likes which should make her very happy and hopefully distract her from my teen books. She works in children's publishing and has written children's books herself so I think she'd give me some good advice but as these books aren't quite so important she's less likely to crush me completely.

Also I'd really like a 'first book' I can show to my family which they'd actually enjoy reading/bother to read. I know they'd hate my teen books because they hate that type of fiction so I want to keep them away from all that but my first book will be special and something that should make me feel pride and happiness, not fear. So I'd like my first book to be a children's book and not a teen book.

I won't have much time to write children's books of course so I might only end up publishing one but I do see that first one as a way of protecting myself and my teen books.

Thank you Jelly and Pickle for liking my post.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed no one replied. If it came over like boasting I'm sorry.

I feel jealous of people all the time.

I feel jealous of people who have a boyfriend

I feel jealous of people who are healthy

I feel jealous of people who have friends

I feel jealous of people who have a good relationship with their family

I feel jealous of people who have more money than me

I feel jealous of people who are pretty

I feel jealous of people who can sing

but that doesn't mean I hate everyone who can do these things.

If you're right and people hate me I'm sure it's because I'm me.

What the fuck??? Nobody bloody hates you Emma!!! So I have no clue why that twat said that to you!!!

I am no good with words right now but good luck with your book and writing more of them...

Hi Emma I read your other post about the email, apologies for not replying to that but I didn't feel I had the right what with being new and all. I for one am very pleased for you! I would love to be able to do something like that! You should be very, very proud of yourself and I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Thank you Dice and Distracted :)

Dice I was thinking that him saying everyone hates me was a bit off but I don't really trust my own judgement very well especially when I'm upset. Thank you, I feel validated now. And I appreciate your kind words.

Distracted it is hard posting on personal posts from people you don't know especially when it's kind of a series of emails on the same subject. Thank you for replying even though you weren't sure what to say, it's really kind of you.

Hi Emma, sorry i have only just come across this thread - I was away over the weekend. Good on you for making that decision and congratulations - the news from the publishers is great! Sounds like this could be a new, tentative, positive step for you, well done!

Oh and I dunno what all that hate stuff was about either, ignore it as Dice said so wisely :)

Thank you Artemis :) It does seem to be going well so hopefully it will continue to, there are still issues with my mum but she really liked the children's book I showed her. So it's all good atm, obviously there will be ups and downs because this is life but I'll try to keep hold of the positives (and thank you, not your fault but I genuinely did think Mr Potato had a point so it's good to know you don't feel that way) xxx

What the fuck??? Nobody bloody hates you Emma!!! So I have no clue why that twat said that to you!!!

I am no good with words right now but good luck with your book and writing more of them...

Little words from a small brain.

What the fuck??? Nobody bloody hates you Emma!!! So I have no clue why that twat said that to you!!! I am no good with words right now but good luck with your book and writing more of them...
Sure whatever you think as you're always right and of course you were right, In telling Emma that everybody hates her when infact they do NOT!!!... So maybe THINK hard before you write something like that to someone when it's pure bullshit...

Sure whatever you think as you're always right and of course you were right, In telling Emma that everybody hates her when infact they do NOT!!!... So maybe THINK hard before you write something like that to someone when it's pure bullshit...

Anybody with an IQ of over 80 could see the humor. Are you an adult?

mr potato is making me laugh. specially because lonelyheartemma is such a sweet heart and didn't let herself be taken by resentment. Instead, she opened her arms and received the 'late' felicitations with joy. Oh, i wish i was like that lonelyheartemma. and i wish i had more sense of humour mr potato, though i wouldn't do it with someone who couldn't take it.

Well done lonelyheartemma. I also just saw this thread. I also think that your strategy to keep your mum busy with your child books is fantastic. I can't even tell you how much i like it. It made me laugh :-)

Go for it loenelyheartemma. In my mind i keep on calling you 'lonelyheartmamma'. Who knows why?

Hugs and again, well done!

:-)

What the fuck??? Nobody bloody hates you Emma!!! So I have no clue why that twat said that to you!!! I am no good with words right now but good luck with your book and writing more of them...
Anybody with an IQ of over 80 could see the humor. Are you an adult?
So did it seem to you that Emma take that as Humor because to me, She did not!!! Whether it's humor or not, You should NOT say things like that to some people, More so on a place like this!!! So maybe you need to see who the adult is here Mr Potato...

Jeez people on here are so uptight. Looking for someone to blame for their problems.

You can't handle a few sharp words, and want to make me the enemy.

Jealousy. I was right on the money.

ok. i mentioned humour before i saw mr potato's post where he mentioned humour. i saw the humour but lonelyheartemma got a little upset. to be far mr potato said that people would return later.

anyway, for this kind of humour, and if i am in one of my sadistic modes, i go to another forum with more emotionally robust people. i do have some fun :-)

good night everyone, especially lonely loevely heartemma's. Sorry the tiny discrimination but she deserves it.

xxx

Jeez people on here are so uptight. Looking for someone to blame for their problems. You can't handle a few sharp words, and want to make me the enemy. Jealousy. I was right on the money.
No not at all uptight, But when you tell someone everybody hates them, Is wrong more so when you do not know the person your saying it to or anything... I see no one here blaming anyone else for their problems!!! They is no jealousy but if that is what you want to see and believe them go for it, If it makes you feel good Mr Potato...

thank you Karaindrou :)

My plan seems to be working. My mum told me to change the plot of my children's book completely and I did it so she was happy. She's going to help me with the pictures as well. Meanwhile I've quietly got on with the real job :P

I'd rather not mention the other little issues on this thread but I am grateful to Dice for taking my side- so thank you Dice!

Archived