Mental Health Forums

I Think...

maddy harper

hi guys. Sorry i aint posted n a while. I have had a relapps. Honey has went back to guide dogs as i cant go out with her atm as i just flip out and panic. I have upped the clonazepam to 3 which is my actual dose which seems to be helping but as u can see my sleep is all messed up and my bedroom is trying to strangle me when i sleep in there so i an sleeping n my livingroom right now because chock my guinea pig is in there and i dont feel so scared when i sleep n the livingroom. i havent told my doctor that my bedroom is trying to strangle me or that the radio is talking to me again cause i an scared of being taken in to hospital again and i couldnt handle that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. I feel for you x

Would it help by making your bedroom into a safe zone? By that I mean re arranging it with things you love and that calm you? It might sound dumb but I'm 29 and I still have a teddy on my bed that gets hugged the crap out of when I feel insecure x

Do you perhaps have any bad memories in your bedroom? Hope your feeling better x

Hi. So it's the size of your bedroom that brings the feelings of strangulation. Unlike you wanna rebuild your house it will be a little complicated to change that, but you could try to decorate your walls with large pictures of landscapes so it doesn't feel so close. Anyway I think it's alright to sleep in the living room for a while if it's really better for you. Sleep is so important for our health. Please keep us updated until the problem is resolved.

Good on you for facing your fears and sleeping in your bed! That was very brave, Maddy. If you're blind, then you could use sound. An idea could be to record your voice describing an imaginary or real safe place, somewhere you would not be afraid and feel really secure. Then you play the record before going to bed. Would it help, you think?

hi again. Managed to sleep in my bedroom for three days now. Changed bedding which helped me drift off i think. The record thing is a good idea three moons. I will try that. I often listen to clasic f m to help me sleep. So i am trying different things to see which ones work. i aint just sitting doing nothing to sort the issue out.

Yep, makes sense to me...

Glad you are feeling more able to deal with the issue and also that you have found some of the comments supportive

:)

xx lalissa xx

I am so stressed out right now. My gas is costing me a fortune. So much so that i went through 30 £ n the last 3 days! I cant aford t6 be cold on one hand but i cant keep pykeing money on thf gas like tiis as i wont be able to eat. Ps, sorry for all the typos

went to doctors yesterday. I am now on a pain patch for my spine and it seems to be working. They dont wanna up my abilify just yet. They wanna see if the patch works by lifting my mood that way but they will up it if i dont improve mood wise.

mood seems to be improving a bit each day. Sleeping in my bedroom again which is a good sign that i am improving. just thought i would update u all.

Hiya,

glad things are a bit better..

understand about the stress of the heating, mine is all electric and costs a fortune when i am home all or most of the time..

can you get any extra help with heating costs?

xx lali xx

things aint been going well for me the last cupple of days. Sleeping back n the livingroom again cause of the trapped feeling n my bedroom which is making me sad. Dog is still with guide dogs which is also making me sad. Just hope i can get better soon as i want my honey bell back. But i know i cant rush things where my mental health is conserned.

((((maddy)))).....really sorry to hear that you are not in such a good space right now.xxx Hopefully Honey can be back with you soon when you are feeling more settled and sorted again...............I sleep in the living room often when for some reason the bedroom (and mine isn't small) doesn't do the trick.............Ive never truly understood what that is all about..............but like your guinea pig is in the living room, my boy, my cat is allowed in the living room (but not the bedroom), so maybe it is about having another living being present that gives a lot of comfort do you think?.............I really hope you will feel better soon with help from the docs and here.xxx...............Pickles.xxx

today has been a total write off! Panic atacks. Assma atacks, triggered off by the panic! Aaaaarg! My clonazepam aint worked today thats for dam sure! Feel like evrythings getting on top of me. How much more shit am i gonna have to go through!

Archived