Mental Health Forums

My Mum Said She Was Proud Of Me

lonelyheartemma

It doesn't happen often, maybe once every 10 years so I wanted to make a note of it.

My publisher said I was dedicated and he wished there were 10 of me. I told my mum as I thought it would make her laugh (she's always saying she's glad I'm not twins) but she said she was PROUD of me. 3 times!.

It's a slight shame she decided to squeeze my hand really hard every time she said it. I have a sprained wrist and having my hand squeezed is agony. So I do kind of wish I'd waited till she was sitting the other side of me but she said it. She actually said it to ME.

I have to say I am quite proud of myself for rewriting a whole chapter (4000 words) with one hand last night. Go me haha. Now I'm going to cross my fingers (with my good hand) that they won't want ask for the next bit till my wrist is better.

:o WOW!!!

Just excuse me whilst I pick myself up off the floor! Good for you Emma, I'm pleased she's finally said something positive to you! You deserve to feel proud and smile - a lot - tonight!! :D

thank you Artemis :D Yes I was shocked too! And I am smiling :D

thank you Orange Lamp :D ironically it kind of made me wonder if she'd been kidnapped by aliens haha

thank you Ash :D Well I often do go for the spectacular so why not? ;)

thank you Karaindrou :D Yes a little pain in the wrist is better than a big pain in the bum :P

She will change her mind of course but this moment still happened.

Thank you Bubbles. I think maybe it does hurt her! But at least I know she really means it.

Thank you Data. I really do struggle with that one as my mum thinks I value myself too much. And maybe I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived