Mental Health Forums

What Are You Grateful For Today?

Humblegrub

Ok so thought I'd attempt to start a new thread by asking you guys what you were grateful for today. Name anything. We often post such deep meaningful or problematic venting threads on here I thought it'd be nice to add a light hearted positive one

I'm grateful for that part of the cycle that is a nice place to be in.

I'm grateful for my little heart that is making huge efforts...

I'm grateful for my bed too humblegrub :-) very grateful. Tomorrow i will wake up in the right position at the right temperature and don't have to rush. Bliss!!!!

Good thread. I have recently been journalling about three things that I'm grateful for every day. Right now I am grateful that I can access this forum; my pre-counselling appointment with 'relate' tomorrow and that for the first time in a long time I know how it feels to have hope about my future.

I'm grateful to my dad for teaching me a bit of German when I was little. I don't know very much but when I ordered something from a German website and got a bilingual reply I was able to understand it. I'm sure google translate would have helped me if I hadn't been able to understand but if you translate it literally it sounds very sarcastic and that would have upset me. But because of my dad I knew it was a conventional way of starting a letter and nothing to get upset about.

I haven't had the same experience with French but I'll still say I'm grateful to my mum for teaching me some because you never know when it might be useful. I did Spanish at school and I've forgotten almost everything (though I haven't forgotten my Welsh) but I remember some of the German and French my parents taught me so I think they must have done a brilliant job at teaching me because I'm not the brightest!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm, grateful for sleeping half the day away and I'm grateful to you guys for making me so welcome and giving me a safe place to be when I do have to be conscious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived