Mental Health Forums

Gps And Mental Health

ruffryder

im having some trouble with getting any support with my mental health. i have a therapist still but am finding it hard to get hold of him and just feel like he has been fobbing me off. iv been going through alot the last few weeks and im struggling to cope. im very depressed and feel suicidal most of the time. i cant quite explain how my emotions have been but its kind of like they have shut down i feel dead inside most of the time and my muscles in my back seize up which is very painfull and makes me sick am really confused about it. im struggling to take care of myself. and been doing my best to get on with life and what i can manage to do. im in a haze most days and have no clue weather im coming or going.

also im really struggling with the fatuige. this is all cronic and dragging me down. i find it hard to talk about some things and as i have no one to talk to appart from my therapist that doesnt seem to give a shit, i dont know what to do. i went to my gp and she basically said there was nothing wrong with me she refused to let me see anyone about my fatuige and said it will pass. even though i told her that it was constant for 3 years. she said i was just suffering from depression. she only signed me off for one month and said i should be going back to work. why do i feel like no one is listening to me im doing my best to keep up with my music courses, but that im struggling with i cant keep up with any house work i bearly eat im misrable sad and lonely and i get told there is nothing wrong with me.

is there any way to find a gp that supports mental illness iv got alot on my plate and im left to deal with it on my own. i cant seem to get the point accross properly as im always dazed and confused i have no fight left. i do not belong here and i definatly dont want to be here any more i hate the way sociaty works and just cant handle it any more

Sorry you are struggling so much.

I would go and see another dr and tell them how you feel as your existing one refuses to help you.

Keep strong and dont give up.

Mtm x

You need to find a GP that is understanding, I had a GP who was just dreadful and wouldn't listen so I changed and now I have a great one. Some docs have no understanding of mental health at all and then you get some that are really good.

Do you see a Pdoc or have a CPN? I totally understand your feelings, If you can't change your GP can you see another GP at the surgery? It is annoying and upsetting when we feel no one is listening. xxx

Thanks everyone for the replys. I had to change gp a few months ago because they was worse but im not finding the new one helpfull. As im so tired and confused im finding it very hard to assert myself properly i just dont seem to have to energy or mentality to say the right thing. I do have a pdoc but not a cpn. Im having similar issues with him no matter how bad i tell him the medication is affecting me he refuses to take me off of it, so i had to come off myself im not on any medication but he still wont listen. It must be the way i come across but i cant see how i come across to change it

Archived