Mental Health Forums

Back On Quetiapine.......bpd Or Bipolar?

angel tears

I have been through hell recently as i came off my medication and i couldn't cope. I was suicidal, violent, anxious and i didn't sleep for 5 weeks, just a few hours here and there!!!. I decided that it couldn't go on any longer, my behaviour was really bad. I was so aggressive and my depression was as bad as it could be. I threw the Xmas tree across the room and i was spending far too much money. I couldn't sit still and when i wasn't out spending money on crap i locked myself away in my bedroom and lived on the bed. I felt so poorly. I am back on 200mg Quetiapine and 200mg trazadone for depression but i really felt confused. Can Borderline just be soooo bad like this?. I didn't know that quetiapine would help me so much but it really does settle my moods!!.

I was dx with Borderline 10 years ago but somebody also mentioned bipolar once.........would a mood stabiliser really help bpd that much?

Hi angel tears, I've been on Quetiapine for BPD since I was first diagnosed 2 years ago nearly. It's worked great for me apart from a few short periods where my doses have been adjusted and then things picked up again.

I hope it has the same affect on you because it really has worked wonders for me. And I hope things pick up soon for you *big hugs*

xxxx

I owe a lot to quetiapine too and am a fellow BPD 'fighter' (sounds better than sufferer don't you think?!).

I find it helpful to manage things and as well as my daily dosage I have a PRN supply for when I need more / difficult phases. Like you I was a bit sceptical about how much I needed it at first but now I realise it does make a difference.

Morethanme- I would say go for it but please check out the long term effects of quetiapine like possible diabetes for one and weigh it up. Personally I have found the combination of quetiapine and trazadone an excellent combination!, trazadone is an anti depressant. You have to watch weight gain too on quetiapine as it can give you the munchies!! It sure makes me hungry!!. I have tried to cope without them but I am much more stable on them.

Xxxx

My daughter is on a high dose of quetiapine and if she misses so much as one dose she begins to relapse! I think it is essential for some!

Archived