Mental Health Forums

The Sculptress !

pepsimeg

I really need to get back out into my workshop

Before xmas I was busy making pressies for family

Since then I've neglected the creative me.

I need to let her create again

Because she fills me with a greatness.

Oh and we have another 7 wooden candle holders to make !!

I want this too, maybe not sculpture but to create. I received an easel for Xmas and I am dying to bet my brain in that groove again.

What helps to get back to a place like that within? The best thing I have found so far is to layout all the materials I need in a place I have to see and think about it, and before long I will feel very compelled. But that takes time and is process and I suppose we want the instant immersiveness about it all.

Yes this is what we do. When lacking motivation just sit amongst the 'tools' of your trade ( carving Chisel's or paintbrush) and just sit with them and blank your mind. Or we find touching the wood and feel the energy from within it flow thru us.

Sometimes nothing happens so close the door and try another day and don't let it frustrate you....it will come when it's ready. Usually then we can't stop !!

Good luck saharah xxx

Emo xx

Good luck to both of you!

I love the feeling of creativity when I can find it. I like to leave paints and models lying around on a table, so when I keep passing it by I'm reminded of what I can do and am more likely to sit down for a bit and paint. It's one of the few things that satisfy me :)

I'd love to see some art from both of you if you would like to show it sometime :D

Ash

Archived