Mental Health Forums

Tips?

Lily-Bee

Hi everyone :)

I am struggling with tiredness and very,very sore muscles.

Not sure why am hoping its a vit B deficiency. Taking extra vit B now. Anyhoo my question is do you guys have tips regarding sore muscles? Ive googled it but can only find stuff about pain after workouts and that's not really it though it does get worse when I do things.

So far Ive used a heatpack and Panadol to ease the pain....any other tips?

Lily

A warm bath, maybe use some fancy bath stuff? Maybe treat yourself to a massage, my ex had arthritis symptoms and muscle problems and a massage really helped with the pain.

Yeah, the bath stuff. I get huge muscle pains with everything I do & hot baths with muscle soaks, etc are the best. That & massages. x

You can but it doesn't work as well as you can't soak, HOWEVER, standing in a hot shower, using the pressure to massage the aching places can help too (works wonders on repetitive shoulder injury)

One thing I know is not to let it get to still by sitting or lYing in one position, as this can make hurting muscles worse, as when you sit or stand still for long periods, you could suffer more when you go to move again, a nice redox soak in the bath but seems you have a shower good long pressure on the muscles, then if you have any a heated wheat bag is nice also ..

Oh yeah I have fibromyalgia. Wheat bags are brilliant.

Gentle walking too don't be too tempted to rest all the time either. I found resting at times and gentle exercises helps.

Not the aerobic type tho !!

sorry you are suffering with pain lily,

long hot showers with soothing scents and oils.. rest...osteopathy...doctor if it doesn't improve?

: (

xx

if you lean into a wall

clothed

and roll around

against the wall

across shoulders

back and front

letting the shoulders be pushed forward and back

down and up

raising the arms overhead

doing the same

rolling forward in a flop

and wobble floppily

it can be useful

I have pain there too Lily, it's not fun! If it goes on for a long time it might be worth going to your doctor to get tests done, that's what's happening with me atm.

These are things that I find helpful short term. Yes I know some of them contradict each other, I think my body has more contradictions in it than my mind!

• Shoulder rolls, neck rolls, pushing the shoulders downwards
  • Heat pads/wheatbags are good, you could also try magnet therapy and weirdly there are times when cooling pads work better than heat pads!
  • Painkillers (ibuprofen might help, I can't take it because it aggravates my IBS but that's supposed to be the best for this kind of pain, I take codeine)
  • kinesio tape (used more for sports injuries but it helps me sometimes, you kind of put it along the muscles and it helps to keep them aligned or something)
  • Massage, even massaging myself can give a bit of relief if there's no one to do it for you or you could get a massaging cushion that you strap to the back of your chair, mine is good but I don't have a chair in my room, I sit on the bed (actually you might find sitting on a bed/stool with no support helps the pain, it doesn't make much difference to my shoulder and neck but it does seem to help my back)
  • After your shower you could have the heater on and put your clothes over the radiator, otherwise I find I get freezing cold once I'm out of the bath and the effects of the bath vanish (though it is nice while I'm in there)
  • In colder weather you might find wearing scarves helps, some professionals have told me to wear a scarf but others have said take the scarf off so I can move my neck more easily! So I would say try both and see what works.

Archived