Mental Health Forums

Mosaic In Progress

wordsmithy

Should have put this in attention-seeking :) but this is the first mosaic I've been working on in my 'Mind' art class. Still needs to be grouted but I'll have it finished by Friday!

What do you think?

WIPmosaic_zpsf2aca3cd.jpg

it's awesome!

love the moon and the way you capture the turn of the horses head with such simple pieces - not easy,

show us the finished piece when ready

xx

Very nice. It's lovely well done. I want to see the finished product now !!

Thanks :) , I'm trying to decide whether or not to grout it with two colours or one i.e. white for the wolf and black/grey for the background.

it's awesome!

love the moon and the way you capture the turn of the horses head with such simple pieces - not easy,

show us the finished piece when ready

xx

:blush02: Thanks, but the horse is a black wolf howling at a sunset moon. I had no idea the dog looked like a horse, but looking at it now, it kind of does.

Looks like a howling wolf to me alright !

Personally I would use black or grey grout for wolf and white for background but you do what you feel is right....It's your creation xx

Looks like a howling wolf to me alright !

Personally I would use black or grey grout for wolf and white for background but you do what you feel is right....It's your creation xx

I might have got that muddled :ashamed0005: . Am such a newbie. I will see what the art tutor advises. Are you a fan of mosaic-making?

Oh I love it!! I thought it was a wolf, if that helps.

:D It does indeed.

And it's nice and interesting. You know..... there's nothing worse than.... wait for it.... a dull one..... or, as one might say....... a prosaic mosaic *sniggers self sick* :baaasmiley:

(((seriouskid)))............truly love your first mosaic and look forward to seeing the final touches with the grouting colours of your choice................Pickles.xxx

Hi sk no I've never tried mosaics I'm just going on how I feel the wolf would look with white grout. I'm not sure it would be ok. I work with tiling and an opposite colour grout would not fit but hey this is different like u say see what tutor suggests.

O o o I love art! It's a great peice! I really love mosaics, always have, really like you're peice of work. I can kind of see it as a wolf or a horse, I guess it's up to your imagination really. You should definitely be proud. I'd love to see more peoples work on here :D Maybe I should take photos of some of mine. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

I've finished sticking on the tiles:

WIPmosaic2_zps220e0ae7.jpg

Hi sk no I've never tried mosaics I'm just going on how I feel the wolf would look with white grout. I'm not sure it would be ok. I work with tiling and an opposite colour grout would not fit but hey this is different like u say see what tutor suggests.

Will do.

You should really try making mosaics, its fun, its easy and a nice distraction if you're feeling anxious or depressed.

O o o I love art! It's a great peice! I really love mosaics, always have, really like you're peice of work. I can kind of see it as a wolf or a horse, I guess it's up to your imagination really. You should definitely be proud. I'd love to see more peoples work on here :D Maybe I should take photos of some of mine. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

:) I agree with you, I really get excited when I see other people's artwork on this forum. There are some talented folk here. What kind artwork do you make?

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.x

:D Thanks for liking it.

Grouted and attempted to clean it up but because of this wet and cold weather its still a bit messy (don't want to dislodge too many tiles).

It will definitely be cleaned up when the art class starts again (7th Feb).

What's your take on it? Reminds me of stained glass.

By the way the art tutor suggested that I grout in black because it'll create a bigger contrast and make the colours stand out more:

WIPmosaic3_zps9d344eb2.jpg

durr, sorry i got it wrong.. i can see quite obviously now that it is a wolf, and i think it's great, truly, didn't know you could get black grout, i like that. i made a mosaic once but it was just a really simple flower shape nowhere near as arty as this,

xx lali

Archived