Mental Health Forums

Section 2 - Twice How Is This Possible.

Alittlelost

I wrote a post a month ago about myself going into hospital. I went in voluntarily, however was sectioned on a 5(2) then a 2 as I wanted leave to go home. Since then I have been transferred to three different hospitals, one of which was low secure. Now, my section 2 runs out tomorrow. The doctors have tried to section me on a 3, however my parents disagreed with the decision so the section could not take place. Today I saw my consultant at the hospital who said that they are considering (very likely) putting me on a section 5(2) again and then be re-assessed for a section 2 again. How is this even possible?

I just want to go home, I miss my mum, I miss my cat, I miss my flat. I'm no longer suicidel, however they are basing their decisions on my self harm how unfair. I really miss home, I'm scared and lonely.

Hi Little,

Damn I know how it feels to be scared and away from home. Just think how unhappy you were away though. Think about every day and how often you would end up in a&e. You decided to go so you could get better. It's scary, it's horrible and it's lonely...but you need to tell yourself you're doing this so you don't ever have to come back.

I believe you have the strength to do this :)

OL.

Thank you Orange. They are taking my next of kin to court to displace his decision not to section me on a 3. So either way I'm going to be re sectioned. My section 2 runs out tomorrow so I'm going to find out very shortly. I'm devastated Orange.

Hi. I'm sorry to understand so few about your hospital system, what I understand is that you got sectioned and re-sectioned and you disagree with their decisions. It's understandable that you just want to come home. What is the reason for sectioning you?

I send you tons of love and some comfortable hugs. I hope your health will improve soon.

Hello, threemoons. They sectioned me for feeling suicidel and for the severity of my self harm. The hospital I am at have applied to overall my dad's decision not to put me on a section three, so my section two has been extended till the decision is made on the 21st. My parents are kicking off big time due to this. I am in a privert hospital over 100 miles away from my parents because there are no NHS beds. I just want this to all be over. I'm not finding the staff here very friendly, so feel completely alone and scared.

Hold on, dear lovely one. They will let you go home when your health is improved enough. I'm sorry you don't like the staff. Sending huge warm hugs to you. :bigarmhug[1]:

I know ur family is against this but are they any help to u?

Just think about being out of hospital and not ready and changed thought on what ur going to do, are u parents aware how much u maybe a risk?

I was under section for 24hrs and then my gp sectioned me and then my dad did it. If this never happened I guess I wouldn't be here now. Even though I go through same thoughts.

Hope things work out for u hun xx

hi,

I struggle to write in this topic as I was in a simmilar siuation. Went int voluntarily and then got sectioned as wented to go home...

I dont have a solution- they let me out after my section 2 ended- they have said that self harm itself is not a reason to be kept and I have a way better chanc eof recovering in community.

If you feel safe why not suggest it? I dont know what to write, as I said I struggle to write here anyway as it brings back bad memories to me- and time I want to forget. And I still cannot forget. Im sorry if that is not helpful for you

Archived