Mental Health Forums

Good Day, Good Times

maddy harper

honey my guide dog came home on tuesday after a 2 and a half month brake because i had a huge relapps and couldnt go out the house. It feels so good to be back in harness again.

There is a catch though to me having her again. The catch is that if i get really ill again i have to let her go. Honey only has another 2 years tops working left thats why. Just wanted to shair the good news. Will keep you posted on her progress.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did the block walk twice with honey in harness and she found the way home twice. Perfect! Not all is bad n my life right now after all.

got a new flute yesterday, its made out of ebony polymer. It has a lovely ritch, crisp tone to it and it records well. So pleased with it. My other one is made out of rosewood. That one has a lovely mello tone to it so its much softer sounding.

• 1 month later...

had two perfect harness walks with honey today she worked so well :) :) :) i am so happy with her. She had a good brush in the garden cause she is moltin right now and lots of fur came out. She is a fur monster. Just the type of dog she is. Spike is settling in well. He is my food alarm for the two of them. He lets me know when he wants something by squeaking really loudly till i feed them

• 2 months later...

a friend came to see me today who i met in hospital.

he's musical like me, he plays guitar though

i was playing my rosewood flute. it was really fun and enjoyable.

my spirit feeels a lot better for seeing him, so all in all its been a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

just cleaned the pigs out

their running around their nice clean cage squeaking to each other

i love my pigs!!!

i'd be lossed with out my animals if i'm honest...

spike had his 1st run in the play pen with chock today as he was to small for it for ages and he could fit through the bars and there not that wide.

they both had lots of fun...

• 3 weeks later...

had my hair done yesterday

the rutes have been tightened so my dreads are tight to the head

they look realy good :D :D :D

went to town with my carer today and got some perfume out of lush

felt like i should treat my self for not perdging this long

i spray the perfume through my dreads

that way they get a little fresh up.

apparently my hair looks much better for the chopping the other day

it looks like its been lared

so havent done to much damage to self

Sounds like having Honey back has really settled you. Try not to get hung up on the fear that, if u get ill, you will lose her. Instead, think of her as an aid in your recovery (or perhaps stability isa better word for bpd's ;-)) .Please remember the guide dog "Whisper", I puppy walked. If u are ever offered her, I say "run for the hills and never look back :o Still love her though. Don't know how the hell she made it to become a fully fledged working guide dog, certainly wasn't my skills ! So glad your feeling better. Xxx

had a bbq last night with my friends :D

had another good nights sleep thanks to zolpidem so feeling a bit more positive in my self which makes a change...

Archived