Mental Health Forums

Good Day, Good Times

maddy harper

got a gig with my rosewood flute tomoro

i'm scared of performing you see

i always have been ever since i was a little girl...

i just hope my mind dont go blank when i'm up there....

will let you'all know how it goes....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the sound guy made my flute sound like it was being played in the hills or something

the crowd were clapping/stamping their feet

made me feel like i was back home in scotland again

it was a wierd experience but an enjoyable one

i'm doing all over again tonight as i met a girl who was singing who needs a flautist

wish me luck

the gig went really well last night

my new flute sounded amazing!!!

i have another rehersal to go to today then another gig tonight

wish me luck please...

have another rehersal this evening then another gig... in a different club though, wonder what this crowd will be like

only time will tell...

• 1 month later...

Had a good time with the pigs this morning when it was floor time. Spike was climbing all over me n bein a little cuddle bug. Chock even wanted scritches and head rubs this morning which isnt like him. aww I loves my piggies...

• 2 weeks later...

Performed last night at an open mike night with the flute again. aint been out n ages. Really enjoyed my self. :) bout bloody time.

• 1 month later...

having a meeting with a flute teacher today to see if she can teach me as shes never taught a disabled person before. Shes grade 8 on flute so i am a bit nervice to play my rosewood flute for her as i have only been playing it for 13 months. Thats how long i have had my dreads as well. Will let u know how it goes. wish me luck...

Will have to arrange another time to meet her as i fell asleep when she was supposed to be coming so i fucked that one up. grrrrr! I hate my self. I am useless sometimes. I blame the meds.

Don't hate yourself, Maddy, it could well be the meds not helping you to stay awake. You're not useless dear, you're a fantastic mother for the piggies and an amazing musician. And the best is you'll become even better over time!

Had my meeting with my flute teacher and she said i was grade four on my rosewood flute so i am half way there towards being consert standard. that got a smile out me :). Having a lesson every week as of next week. so excited.

She said i was grade four on my rosewood flute which i am surprised at. I am self taught on my rosewood flute. we both have the same flute. Made by the same company. Mine is an older flute so my keys are a bit heavyer than hers but they make gr8 student flutes. she is surprised at how musical i am.

Been practicing the silver flute for the last three days and the notes are gettin better sounding and easyer to come out the instrument its self. thats progress :)

Last nights lesson went really well. I found a note that i never new was there. I also found two buttons that i thought was just one. Flutes so confusing. My hands ake from it today though but its been worth every pain n my hands.

The silver flute is so hard to play though. The keys make it look really complicated but once u get to know where and how to put your hands on the keys things start to make more sence. Breathìng through it is hard anall but i remember when i couldnt get a note out at all for over two years. Have had that flute for three years. The rosewood one is much easyer to play for me as i have been playing it since last year. Its only now i am getting lessons on my silver flute. My rosewood one has helped me be able to get notes out my silver flute its just a case of practice now.

my silver flute has three octaves and my rosewood and crystal flutes have two n aa half. My rosewood and crystal flutes just have holds that u cover over with your finger tips

Got my friend coming over today for a music session. She plays guitar. I will be playing my metal flute cause i wanna hear what she sounds like backed with guitar rather than my rosewood one as they all have different sounds from each other. My crystal flute has the most clear sounding flute. My rosewood one is very mellow sounding even when played loud that one has the most moody sound. My metal flute has the most depth in sound though.

(((maddy)))...........I hope you have a really good session today..............It's fascinating isn't it the different sounds that can be produced from the different materials instruments/flutes are made out of.................I was thinking with reading here, how the silver flute came about............to compete with the ever more louder sounding instruments in the modern world...........Rosewood is a beautiful wood.............it is quite soft which is why it would be quieter and more moody.............I love the wooden flutes...........but as you say............the silver flutes have a more penetrating sound..............I think it is fabulous you are still playing and enjoying your music............Have a great day..............Pickles

Archived