Mental Health Forums

Good Day, Good Times

maddy harper

my teacher is pleased with the progress i am making with my silver flute. She said i make a nice sound with it which gives me the insentive to keep going.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goin to a friends house for christmas :) the piggies will be coming with me as well as my friend being so understanding of the fact that the pigs keep me out of hospital. He has bi polar disorder so he is very understanding of my mental issues.

I'm glad you and the pigs have somewhere nice to go for Christmas. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be away from you. It's great you're getting on so well with the flute. It is a beautiful instrument. I have been trying to play the flute on and off since I was about 4 (my sister had a flute and I always wanted to do everything she was doing) and never managed to get a note out of it. Well done for sticking with it, it sounds like it was so worth it.

got my self a new flute yesterday. Shes much lighter than my other metal flute and the keys are more like little springs than playing through mud. Shes gorgious :)

my flute teacher loves the sound and tone my new flute has. She said that me and my flute now that i found the right one will go far.

really enjoying my time with my friend. He loves the flute so he doesnt mind me playing for hours and hours. Taking the pigs to vets today as spike has a wheeze that i wanna get looked at. Hes not off his food or anything but its better to be safe than sorry.

The vet said i had beautiful pigs colour wise. he liked Spikes rosettes and Chocks coat. Spike ways slightly more than Chock but he is slightly smaller. He also said that i am looking after them really well as there coats are really shiney and their teeth are really good as well. I am well happy. :)

Going to my friends sons house to drop off presents today. He still lives at home. They have a piano there so thats me sorted. My flute sounds the nicest n their kitchen. I have been playing n my friends kitchen since i got down here as its got a really good echo so i can hear the progress i am making with it really clearly. My teacher s gonna be well impressed. :)

He plays guitar and piano. He gives me prays when i play flute. especially if i am playing something from his music that He listened to when he was growing up. Text my flute teacher last night to wish Her happy christmas and to tell her about the two new scales that i found on my own. She is well impressed at my dedication to the instrument too. What i tell people is this. If you wanna be good at your instrument you need to put in the practice time. I usually do five hours a day and thats a short practice session for me. I usually do ten hours a day but i have been really busy doing stuff so i aint been able to put in the ten hours but at least i am getting sometime to practice.

Goin out tomoro night for a meal with my friend. We will be goin visiting other friends that we both know which will be nice. Looking forward to it. :)

Today is gonna be a good one as i am gonna make it so. Not gonna listen to any nasty voices at all. Even if they start. I have to brake the hold they have over me but its so hard not to listen to them sometimes cause they can get so loud. My friends down here are so understanding of my illness as they are all mentally ill them selvs. thats why i wanna move down here. Cant say where i am for safety reasons inside my head. This is my heeling place. Hopefully it will be my home soon. Just hope i can find somewhere to live pretty fast as i aint happy living where i am now even though i have friends there. fingers crossed...

Today is a good one. Found another scale on my flute :) really coming on with it. Must be all the practice i am putting in. my teacher will be impressed.

Had another good day yesterday. Found another scale on my flute. I wonder how many scales There are on that thing. It has sharps and flats where as my wooden and crystall flutes dont. i have more scope on my metal one as it has keys rather than holds that you cover over. Its also in a different key to my other two. They are all in different keys from each other. My metal one is in c major open scale with out any flats added in. My wooden one is in d major and my crystal one is in e flat. They all sound different as they are all different materials. My metal one is the heavyer one out of the three but it has the lightest action which is well strange.

Archived