Mental Health Forums

Difficult Times

artemis84

Does anyone else think that sometimes we forget just how much we go through?

I was describing my week to my therapist earlier and ended up apologising as I thought I would be boring her with repetitive descriptions of one anxiety laden experience after another. She challenged my assumption and replied with a brutally honest statement about how what she was actually thinking was how absolutely awful and distressing my week had been.

That hit me hard.

Things are so difficult and constantly challenging for me that that has become the norm. In reality though, there are a lot of us here experiencing incredibly difficult things day after day and not giving ourselves credit for surviving...

it's good to be reminded artemis, i'm glad your therapist saw how tough things are for you, sometimes i forget how much i have to struggle and sometimes its all i can think about...

lali

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

Its really hard when you are trying to so hard, to sometimes remember that the things you do actually get through on a day to day basis is more than some people could handle. We deserve to acknowledge our hard work, and how difficult it is for us at times. I don't think its good to think about it all the time, but like you said sometimes, some of us do genuinely forget. My partner often forgets how amazing they are, and what a daily struggle life can be sometimes.

Sounds like your session had a big impact on you, hope you can keep the positive from it, and its great the acknowledged for you how hard your week was.

Egan

Archived