Mental Health Forums

Are You Safe Today?

PDBPD

A few folk here are having extremely trying times...perhaps just checking in here and saying if you are safe or not..sharing ways of staying safe..might not be what anyone wants to do...not to replace writing elsewhere . If you are feeling you can't answer you could just use a sad or smiley face...a thought..

Steve

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

Im not having a great time today, my way of staying safe is too get into bed (my safe place) and shut out the world. I've come home from work and just don't want to see anyone, don't and won't pick up the phone (i can't deal with other peoples stuff today, as I'm usually the person who is there for everyone else, i can't do it today, I've just not got the energy or mental resources to be anyones rock today)…….i'm also staying safe by eating things which aren't good for me, but my 'small child' aspect of me is out in force, so pigging out of sweet stuff and trying to deal with the vulnerability, which is pretty strong.

Not so safe today steve, saw some people who triggered me, my anxiety is going through the roof I feel like I cant breathe :(

No.

It is such a relief to be able to answer that question honestly.

In real life it always comes with consequences.

Hugs to others struggling too. xxx

Buzzy...good job...knowing your safe place and using Addy...do you have something that calms you?? Artemis....hoping that being able to express the feelings can help in some way...May tomorrow be better for you Steve

if i feel unsafe, i put lavender oil on a peace of kitchen roll and put it on the radiator so the smell comes in to the room.

that calms my spirit.

Maddy...interesting to know that....I have heard of lavender scents calming properties but not known anyone that had used it Steve

My safety is bed and a horror film - this evening, martyrs :) one of the few things to hold my attention for more than 3-4 minutes, because I'm kept on my toes! My thoughts are my enemies, so the longer they're away, the better I am.

Im never sure when I am truly safe my moods switch so rapidly and violently each day is a struggle. But when I am able I do like to sit in the dark with a good horror as pennx said and martyrs is a great film keeps you thinking that is my safty net keeping my mind buisy or I lock myself in the bathroom and sit in the bath in tbe dark. Its the only room i ever feel comfortable in as its a private place

I also watch horror movies especially when I'm anxious and wanting to sh I think it's cause they totally distract me and take me to another place x

I think that is true maybe there should be a therapy using horror movies as a distraction/ coping technique lol seems to work a treat for me. Just helps focuse my mind on something

Lol yep can you imagin a mentally unstable person treating a mentally unstable person using films full of violence /gore / mind games lol

omg i love horrors too hahahaha

they grip me much better than a slushy movie and i get stuck in the movie with a horror. and some of them are so ridiculous they make me laugh so thats got to be good lol

We are all agreed then lol I'm going to watch the quiet ones in the cinema this weekend I hope it's good. The best one so far for me has been insidious or the conjuring I loved them

Any of you seen 'Mama'?

Me and my ex watched it and he went off to get the bacci, I saw something at the window, screamed, he screamed and we ran lol. That is a scary film!

I am safe today, from myself and my front door :)

Yeah I saw mama it's really good too I watched the marked ones last weekend. Didn't get to see the movie last night as my son was sick but I hope to go tonight I don't know why though my anxiety is so high I can barely drive and I'm going to a scary movie

I feel safe even though vulnerable, I've got the heating working again, have got my nice red fluffy blanket, I had a lie in so i'm rested and I have my fave drink and am chatting to a friend : )

Archived