Mental Health Forums

Expressive Chalk Pastel Drawing

wordsmithy

I don't like most of my more emotionally 'expressive' (as opposed to technically good) drawings but because it is a bit more colourful and I personally like it

Here it is:

defencelessat_zps96304a1a.jpg

The idea behind it was from a conversation with a ceramics tutor about how babies are born with huge eyes so that adults will look after them.

When we become adults we have to learn how to fend for ourselves. Its emotionally significant to me. The idea OF being defenceless against an inherently threatening world.

What do you think? Should I stick to posting perfect drawings?

sk

All drawings are perfect if they come from your heart.

Tbh before I even read your description I thought they were babies in the womb

So yes,they are good

Emo xx

my heart moved and i had a rush of emotion seeing your drawing

and reading 'defenceless' brought even more connection and emotion

so your work hit true for me

it looks powerful but in itself its more than that

it honours what's true for you

and for me it takes courage to post a deep part of oneself

All drawings are perfect if they come from your heart.

Tbh before I even read your description I thought they were babies in the womb

So yes,they are good

Emo xx

I was going for that foetus-y protect me I'm cute look. Thanks emo :) I need all the praise I can get right now. It seems that threatening world is chewing me up in it's maw.

my heart moved and i had a rush of emotion seeing your drawing

and reading 'defenceless' brought even more connection and emotion

I know my artwork can move me but its strange to to be able to invoke that exact emotion in someone else.

I agree don't usually have the guts to show my vulnerabilities and have them accepted. Thanks mousie :hug2:

sk

sk you are very real :)

and your presence and creative energy are not only valid

but are potent and have the ability to breath powerful, challenging, good things into the lives of others

without all the arts, most people's lives would be pedestrian and empty

(((seriouskid)))............what I see in this is yes, the vulnerability with the big eyes................I see twins, in the womb...............boy and a girl................preparing themselves for the as of yet unknown, fists at the ready.....................fighters.............preparing themselves, for as you say, the inherently threatening world..............

I think it is amazing, and shows yet again just how talented you are, and it is beautiful that you can express yourself like this..............keep posting all of you............Pickles.xxx

Hello, all the people above, already express, anything that I would try to say.

I look forward to seeing your art, makes me smile, brings me joy. It is wonderful, to celebrate your talented expression, and love and passion for your life and the people in it.

Well wishes from moonbeambethx

sk you are very real :)

and your presence and creative energy are not only valid

but are potent and have the ability to breath powerful, challenging, good things into the lives of others

without all the arts, most people's lives would be pedestrian and empty

:) I wish I could believe that for myself. I don't see art as important as others seem to. Wish I had a little more faith.

(((seriouskid)))............what I see in this is yes, the vulnerability with the big eyes................I see twins, in the womb...............boy and a girl................preparing themselves for the as of yet unknown, fists at the ready.....................fighters.............preparing themselves, for as you say, the inherently threatening world..............

I think it is amazing, and shows yet again just how talented you are, and it is beautiful that you can express yourself like this..............keep posting all of you............Pickles.xxx

Thank you, am a little (tiny, tiny) bit proud that I can express myself through art (on occasion). Seconded that we should are post more of our artwork no matter how sketchy and scribbley.

Hello, all the people above, already express, anything that I would try to say.

I look forward to seeing your art, makes me smile, brings me joy. It is wonderful, to celebrate your talented expression, and love and passion for your life and the people in it.

Well wishes from moonbeambethx

And it's always makes me feel better to get praise from you beth.

sk

I always think that work like this shows the world as it really is, rather than any kind of photorealistic work.

I really like it. :)

Archived