Mental Health Forums

Good Things Today

lonelyheartemma

I sent off the email to the therapeutic community saying I wasn't happy with the therapist's treatment of me.

I did a test exam paper for my GCSE maths module and got 100%. I couldn't really do maths at all at school and my results were more like 38% (or 5% once) but I'm redoing it now and I'm enjoying it.

I've decided to redo biology as well. I really liked biology but I missed the practicals for health reasons which meant I failed.

I would like to do history and learn another language as well but I'll stick with maths, biology and my cello for now.

My therapist told me he wants me to be his case study for uni. I'm really proud and flattered and I said yes straight away. It's really nice that I'm helping him as well as him helping me.

Well done LHE on all your above achievements esp the re sitting of your exams. Really good

Good look with email to the therapeutic community person.

Sounds like some real good things happening for you which is great. Keep up the hard work Emma

Emo xxx

Hello I wanted to 'like' your post, to celebrate such positive news and feedback with you and Emo...

but I could not 'like' anymore today, button will not work...

So congratulations...keep up the wonderful work you are doing for yourself...

Well wishes, moonbeambeth.

I got a reply from the therapeutic community already and an email from the guy- I'm really impressed by how quickly they dealt with it.

The person in the office sent a nice email saying she'd make the guy aware of my concerns.

The guy apologised, he says he always writes short emails but he accepts the one sentence-email was a little abrupt. He also says I'm welcome to contact him again in the future if things improve.

So it couldn't have been better really, two very nice emails :) Thank you to everyone on here who encouraged me to contact them about it.

And thank you Beth and Emo for the replies and Jelly and Pickle for the likes.

I've had the same problem with likes Beth, there are never quite enough! I see it as a positive though, if you run out of likes it means a lot of people have made an important step today and that's definitely a good thing.

Emo I'm really hoping re-doing my exams will make a positive impression if I ever get to the stage of working. Even if I don't get brilliant grades it still shows I did some non-compulsory studying.

Archived