Mental Health Forums

What Do You Struggle With Most With Bpd?

Beanz1980

I cant stand my self. I am never happy n my own skin. I also hear voices that tell me to s h. tablet increase helping get them out my head. sometimes they still get through but thats on a bad day. I dont like the impulsive feelings iether now that i think about it. cronic feelings of loss and emptyness.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have someone in my life you wants me but doesnt trust me, also she struggles to understand what i go through in these cycles. But i am determined to make it better. I have a good counsellor in place now.

• 1 month later...

I struggle mostly with the guilt of the things I've done to loved ones. Deep down everyone close to me knows I'm incredibly kind and thoughtful but I've put everyone through hell. Both physically and mentally. I've now pushed everyone away and I live in complete solitude. It's an awful existence but at least they're safe from me.

I know have 24/7 constant thoughts of suicide. It's the only way I can stop hurting people.

Hi Whyalwaysme, welcome to the forum. I wanted to say that, even if protecting others is important, your safety is also something to look at. You can't live 24/7 suicidal just so the people you love are safe. Would they be better if they knew how you feel? There must be possible to do a compromise. See some of them or call them just a few minutes so they're not too exposed and it breaks your solitude. I hope you can find a balance. Please don't sacrifice yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

The rage without warning

The sadness that follows the rage

The endless loneliness

The feeling that my intentions are visible to the world vs the logic that this can't be true, sets up a duality of opposites that I swing between either acting the way I'm supposed to or not caring because nobody will notice anyway

Anxiety - having panic attacks over the smallest of things and once one thing sets me off everything else spirals. My friend cant just have a cold, in my mind it is going to kill her and she is going to leave me. She cant just be late home from work, she has had a crash and is never coming back. i just cant deal with it.

My anger, Lying to people, Not knowing what I want, paranoia, trust issues being manipulative, my self harming, my selfishness in fact I just hate myself unless im on 1 of my hyper 1s I love life then

I'm new to this forum and only recently diagnosed although I now realise I've been suffering for many years. For me the hardest thing (apart from all the things you have all said which are hard to choose from) is knowing or feeling like you can't cope like a "normal" person would. Like my brain can't deal with life like it should be able to... Feeling broken.

• 4 weeks later...

not being able to have a stable friendship/relationship because my head fucks it up sooner or later anyway..combined with trust issues, that end up in paranoia like "they cheat anyway"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anxiety caused mainly by fear of abandonment, rejection and paranoia that people don't like me or are angry or annoyed with me. I generally never feel good enough. The mood swings, especially the anger and jealousy which can be overwhelming when I feel threatened or betrayed. Fear really is a big feature. Thoughts about the things I have just mentioned are obsessive and I can think 24/7 about something I perceive to be true e.g. my friend hates me. A lot of the time I feel I have an emptiness inside, as though I am constantly heartbroken and alone. I would love to just be at peace.....

• 3 weeks later...

Carthraziel, you describe the feeling so well.

In stable relationships. With Friends. Out having a good time...

you're right. I don't have the words to explain it.

Carthraziel, you describe the feeling so well.

In stable relationships. With Friends. Out having a good time...

you're right. I don't have the words to explain it.

i struggle with the self loathing. The identity crisis that i perminantly seem to be constantly going through. The cronic feelings of emptyness. having no self worth. My eating issues. the list is endless.

Theres a lot I struggle with... I don't think I can point to one thing in particular and say that's what i have the hardest time with. I think the constant emptiness, quick mood swings where i go from feeling nothing one second to crying uncontrollably the next, my lack of motivation to the point getting out of bed feels like a hard task, my lack of identity, my hopelessness, my helplessness, all the other things i struggle with definitely don't make bpd any better (trauma, adhd,), my dissociative episodes that last for hours, my dependency on others, etc...

I feel very isolated and alone. I feel like I'll never be good enough or healthy enough for a relationship. Today I took the decision to close the doors to relationships for an indefinite time because after this break-up i'm going through I can't trust or allow myself to "love" someone again for a long ass time.

There's a lot...i would talk about it more but i'm so tired and spent right now... Thank you for making this thread and thank you to anybody that has read this...

i hear you bagera and can relate to some of what you have written. Sorry i know i spelled your name wrong i am relying on a screen reader to read and post. I too dont like the co dependence iether, it does my head right in.

it's okay maddy :) being so codependent does suck :/ it's a struggle to not attach yourself to someone/depend on them so much.

it seems to be my natural instinkt to become co dependant. i dont understand why. It just is. Wonder if its got something to do with me being blind. Hmmm

i would have to say ANGER defiantly, black and white thinking, loniness, trust, and i ted to coldly cut people out of my life. i also am very controlling as well.

i struggle with relationships. Always have done. The thought of being abandoned gets so stron that people usually get fed up with me and i lose them. :( thats what has always happened :( guess i am a bad person who is a total wierdo who deserves not to have any close friends. Putting my trust in someone else is really hard for me for some reason.

Maddy, you are not a bad person - it's the illness making you think that. You are always on here supporting others so that in itself makes you caring. I do have the same feelings about you re abandonment and then feeling I don't deserve things. I totally get that.

Archived