Mental Health Forums

My Sisters Sharpie Drawing!

Riverspell

So a few of you expressed a want to see my sisters sharpie drawing. We haven't finished it yet because she got rather tired. Was falling asleep toward the end!! About two hours into this now I believe and we've only finished the line art and started first colors and final line edits. xD I'll post the in progress images, so you can see how it is and my basic approach. May take a couple posts for which I apologize. Now onward!

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-77944000-1398591131.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-75306600-1398591145.jpg

Need a second post!

Second post. Sorry about that! Yes the lines are messy. Don't worry though, they get edited in final form with the colors.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-78902300-1398591248.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-58423600-1398591261.jpg

Third post!

Okay, final post and image. I apologize to all users with poor connections. This is just the start of our coloring, we only got the basics of this wing done before we had to stop. Sharpie colors in this order were; Metallic Gold, Peach (Dark), Skin Color/Peach (Light). There is also blends in the wing skin color from the surrounding lines. You can also note that the lines making up the wing structure have been significantly reduced. Oh the wonders of sharpies!!

Also, yes this takes up nearly the entirety of her back. Couldn't get too high, she wasn't comfortable with it and I was more than happy to accommodate. Drawing on one's back pretty much means little to no shirt and that's uncomfortable for everyone involved. lol I'd like to know what you all think! Advice perhaps? Or suggestions?

Thanks Buzzybee! She is rather tired. Sitting in almost the same position for two hours is rather tiring and painful! Doing a bit of homework now while I check up on my sites and such. Then we're probably going to crash for the night.

I don't know if this is going to work out, but Ive added a photo of my art work :-). Its not finished as yet, but I have three bumble bees

Alright!! We finished it, just shy of my 4 hours and 32 minutes for my arm. Our parents ended up rushing me so I didn't get everything done that I wanted to but I think It looks pretty cool anyway. She certainly liked it!! Yes, she said I could share the edited down photos (cut out as much as possible around the drawing). I've got some other shots that are close ups of key areas if anyone is interested.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-65258100-1398649284.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-33229-0-21739800-1398649298.jpg

How wonderful, you've worked so hard and your sister is so patient. You most certainly do have a talent and you should be very proud of yourself.

My tattoo wasn't designed by me, all the credit goes to the amazing tattooist who created such a beautiful work of art. I simply explained what I wanted and she free hand, drew the design on my arm (just as you have done with your sister) and then used the tattoo gun and ink. It took 3, 3 hour sessions to do this and its not finished. I have a fear of needles (I faint if i have blood taken), so the sensation is completely different, painful at times, but not in the same way as having an injection or blood taken.

She is remarkably patient! Especially considering that her back is severely paining her right now (she's actually taking Tramadol right now!) and she often had to bend forward for me to get the lines and colors right. That's part of why we split it into two sessions. So that she didn't have to spend extended time in a painful position and I insisted she take the time to move and sit up whenever she wanted to. I used 14 colors in total. All in several layers to achieve the correct colors. The basic line-art (now quite faded and partially blended in) was actually 3 different colors. 5 in places! My metallic gold and bronze markers are ruined however. They don't last long when they are used to blend and using a cloth to clean them just makes it worse. So I'll have to replace those.

This is probably the largest drawing I've done in months, and the biggest sharpie skin art I've ever done. It starts on her lower spine, about even with her hips, and stops just shy of her shoulder blades. It wraps a bit to her sides on the lower right and upper left (did this on purpose for balance of the image). I was so nervous doing this, just sure I was going to screw up. But I'm actually proud of this drawing for once in my life!!! My brother is now insisting that I design his next tattoo but I told him if I did he's going to an actual tattoo shop so that it doesn't look as sloppy as his current one (which was an at home job by a friend).

Thank you for your kind words!

You found an amazing artist then. You really did! I hope you can get it finished soon. I'd like to see the final piece. I've been terrified, if not phobic, of needles my entire life. Often I would get sick and panic before a blood draw which made it difficult to get blood (your veins will constrict with stress and anxiety). But over the last 3 years I have been poked so damn much that I don't bother freaking out much anymore. Sure it still bothers and upsets me but I've learned how to properly deal with it. Blood draws are necessary with several of my meds as well as for the continued health of my liver, kidneys and thyroid as a few of my meds have completely screwed them up. I'm already taking thyroid medications. >.< I have several friends phobic of needles who can withstand tattoo's, they say that they're a lot different from having a needle stuck into you like an oversize mosquito.

But yeah. Being woken up twice a week at 5 am by a nurse with a cart full of needles and vials for a 2 month stay in a psych ward will diminish needle fears rapidly. Seriously. If you don't submit, they'll hold you down to do it. They'll also put you on stricter medication checks to make sure you're actually taking your pills as part of the blood test is to check the medication level in your blood. Oh and then there's the once every two weeks general blood test to check your basic body functions and the impromptu blood draws when you have a medication change or new addition. So, 3 years and 7 hospital stays that average at a month to a month and a half each time.........Yeah, you learn to cope with needles. xDDDD

Archived