Mental Health Forums

Crb

toaster

I have a criminal record. My last offence was 7 years ago. I obtained a crb check in 2011, which was 4 years after the offence. This has worried me no end. The offence was a stupid one - a security guard went to grab me, I flung my arm back and caught him in the face with my mp3 player. Althought I was behaving recklessly at the time it seemed unfair that "battery" was on my record.

Anyway I have made a call today and found out that this will no longer be on any crb check! This changes absolutely everything for me! I can apply for certain jobs that I have been too afraid to before! I've worked so hard to employ positive changes and I thought my past was always going to be there on paper. So happy I made that call!

Thanks guys. Just as an aside, this isn't me bragging or saying I 'got away with it'. My punishment was justified. I'm just glad that I have a second chance :)

• 4 weeks later...

So happy for you Toast. You are a kind good person and you deserve your second chance. I know you're not proud of what happened but you can be proud you worked through it and past it. (I hope this doesn't sound bad or patronising, my heads not really here but I wanted to say something

Archived