Mental Health Forums

My Guinea Pigs:chock And Spike

maddy harper

i'd like you all to meet chock and spike

chock is a daark brindle on his back with flex of ginger through it, he also has a ginger stomach.

Spike is try coloured and he has tufts of fur sticking up at various points along his back. he also has a mo hok

his left eye has a black patch over it, his head and body down to his rump is white including his head, his rump is brown

he's my little cuddle pig

chock likes to be stroked rather than being cuddled

pigs and their querks.

I have a metal play pen thats set up in my living room for them to play in

and yes, guinea pigs love to play

they just like little dogs but they cant prosess meet

you have to give them veg daily and a good quality pelet along with lots and lots of good quality hay for grinding their teeth down.

guinea pigs teeth constantly grow so i have given them lots of things to gnaw on in their cage and pen.

they love their floor time even if they are in a pen, that doesn't seem to matter to them that much that they still enclosed, they have a 3 and a half foot squair to run in

i put an old towel down on the floor inside the pen to protect the carpet from little teeth

and any parcels left just go on the towel, all i have to do is roll up the towel, shake it outside and all presents get totally removed.jenious!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got the pigs a litter tray today when i was stocking up with supplies and i'm gonna train them how to use it.

All my other small animals that i've had have all been litter trained

so there's hope for these 2.

Hi like your post I have friends who have house rabbits. They have a pen and a run and they use litter trays. Was a bit strange at first when you where sat watching TV and a bunny hopped pass but got used to them.

Chock has started using the tray even though its only been in there a day...

what a clever pig...

spike seems to have taken a groath spurt over night

he's getting pretty big now.

he's a very beautiful boy even if his fur is all mad, suits his owner as my hair is all mad as well

i have dreads

spike has started taking veg from my hand...

chock loves being hand fed which is handy in case they get ill

so spike is coppying him...

spike is my little cuddle pig

he squeaks all the time!!! even in his sleep he squeaks...

chock is my grandad pig who potters about the cage rumbling at everything

he's getting grumpy in his old age

they have such different personalities/tastes/likes they just like little people but with fur on

they give me sutch a nice welcome in the morning when i feed honey because they know its their turn after that so they both start wheeking really loudly when they hear honeys medalion hitting her bowl which is steel

they wait at the front of the cage for their veg bowl being put in bless m

twas cage cleaning day in the life of the pigs

spike nearly escaped out my arms as i was transfering him from his cage to his and chocks play pen.

twas all right in the end

no pigs were harmed in the writing of this post...

• 7 months later...

Spike and Chock are getting along really well. Its been ages since i posted in this thread. Spike will be one at the end of this month and Chock will be two. I cant believe it! Birthday present time for them i think. New toys and houses i think. they will like that lots :)

The pigs have a different pen to run about in as i left the other one at my friends house the one i was staying with over christmas... Oops! Its much bigger than my other one. It has more sections to it than my other one does. They both love it! Bless my friend for getting it for me :)

I used to have a guinea pig called snowy (she was an albino) original name right haha. She was my first pet that was just mine as a kid. She lived in a hutch in the shed with a rabbit in a hutch above her. She loved being in the run in the garden and particularly loved trying to escape. The rabbit managed it a few times haha. They are lovely creatures and very nuzzly when you hold them.

i love them very much. They bring me so much joy :) Chock is a teddy pig and Spike is half rex coated and half abisynian so he has afro hair which sticks up in different places on his body and head. The morning is devoted to the pigs. I get up. Replace all hay pelits and water. They get their greenrs when they are in their running space. Their runs last for a hour or more each day. They get out their cage sevral times a day to play and eat toys that i got for them. I got toys they can pull apart on purpis. they love recking things. Thats their favorite pass time. I have a pair of vandles lol

The pigs have had a good long run this morning :) they love their runs. I love hearing them run about the pen its so funny to hear.

Was cage cleaning day in my house today. Managed to clean them with out any issues from iether pig. Niether of my pigs like being picked up much but once there picked up their fine and quite content.must be because they are pray animals the hunted instinked is still in them.

Bless the piggies! I hadn't seen this thread, it's nice that you introduced them to the community. I'm looking forward to follow the next news.

Was woken up at half two by the pigs wheeking for hay. Bit of a early alarm call me thinks. Got up and gave in. I am a piggy slave lol.

I have a pig with a dust alergy. That makes things kinda tricky. I have to keep the cage extra clean. This means that the cage has to be cleaned out every five days to stop his wheez from starting up. The pig with the dust alergy is Spike. bloody would have to be him. Poor piggy.

Well, I hope his breathing won't be as bad now that you know what to do to ease it.

Yesterday my sister found out that her rat has a hard lump on her belly, we think it's either an abscess or a tumor.

Smiling. My sister's rat lump has greatly decrease so we think it was an abscess and it's now healing. Good news on this subject!

I love knowing that Spike and Choke are happy.

Spike and Chock are making a racket with some salad i got for them yesterday. Its the best noise ever hearing pigs munching on veg. Makes me smile :)

Archived