Mental Health Forums

My Guinea Pigs:chock And Spike

maddy harper

Aw, I like the sound of my cat eating too. Now I'm imagining the piggies munching salad and it's just so cute! I'm sure they appreciated the vegs.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pigs had a lovely long run in their pen this morning. They were playing away in there for over a hour. They love getting out their cage to go exploring to see if there is anything to bight lol

Spike and Chock are having a nice run in their pen along with some dandelion leaves which they are happy munching on as i post this.

was cage cleaning day today as spikes wheez was starting up last night so i cleaned them this morning and the wheezing has stopped. Strange huh

Pigs have a nice clean cage now. Spikes wheezing has stopped again as soon as i cleaned the cage he started breathìng normally so i know how to help him now.

The pigs had a lovely run in their pen this morning. They had a bowl of mixed lettis and cabbage followed by dandelion leaves. They were dry but the pigs didnt seem to mind. Helps give me a distraction from the voices early n the morning if i run them cause i am listening to the pigs rather than the voices.

Sorry for the dubble post. Been trying to teach Chock to stand on his back feet for veg. He is getting the hang of it as well which has surprised me. Spike just takes it from my hand at the moment.

The pigs had a bowl of spinnitch leaves for breakfast in their play pen. They get out for a hour in the early morning. Then they get out again just after lunch if i aint doing anything. Then they have another run before i turn in for the night.so they have plenty opertunity to stretch their legs through out the day. If they dont get out for a fiew days because i am ill they start fighting with each other and the cage becomes a unhappy one. So i make the effort to run them every day now. Even if its just the morning one they get. That seems to be enough to keep the cage dynamics happy which is a intresting observation i think.

unfortunatly spike likes sleeping in the hay which dont help his dust alergy one bit. I go through a huge amount of hay in a month its unreal. They get through a one and a half kg bail in a week. :o

yeh thats my main expence the hay. Followed by the wood flakes for the bottom of their cage but that dont cost much. Their food is a bit expensive but its worth it :) so are the dryed dandelion flowers. They both love them. I spend a fortune on greenrs as well but again its worth it.

The pigs enjoyed their run this morning. They get out their cage sevral times a day. Usually for a hour minimum per time. Chock gnaws on the pen to tell me he wants to go back in the cage. Very clever piggy. Spike just hides in the tube when he is running so all i do is lift the tube up with him inside it and put him back in the cage that way. Spike doesnt like being stroked really. Chock how ever loves it. Funny i got two totally different pigs from each other.

will have to book them in to the vet again as their nails are getting long with sharp bits on them so they have to go. The pigs dont like the vet very much. Poor pigs.

Archived