Mental Health Forums

My Guinea Pigs:chock And Spike

maddy harper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had some lovely quality snuggle lap time with chock this morning. Spike isnt a lap pig at all. He would rather be off exploring or bighting things lol.chock loves a good stroke he is very calm and chilled out. Spike is more highly strung. He is the pig with the biggest apitite and he is half a kg more than chock and slightly smaller. They so different from each other.

was woken up by the pigs wheeking for veg this morning. I had slept in to be fair. Nice they waited till seven before starting up. Bless them.

Was cage cleaning day yesterday n my house. The pigs jump about when they put back n to a nice clean cage. They express how they feel very well. They very blind friendly animals.

managed to clean the pigs out with no issues over being picked up from iether pig. They getting use to being picked up now as i have been picking them both up every day now and they dont run away. Well most of the time they dont. If they tired they will hide and not come out for veg or nothin but thats rair for that to happen.

its Chock and Spikes birthdays on sat. They were born on the same day but a year apart from each other. I think thats really funny. :)

hand fed the boys their veg this morning rather than giving it in a bowl. I trying to do more hand feeding where i can as it not only gets the pigs use to hands it helps stop them from seeing hands as a threat. They are getting better at being picked up now since i started hand feeding every day at some point. I have a lot of patience.

the pigs had a nice birthday. They were totally spoiled with greenrs and new toys for their free range enclosure which they still fixated on them bless them.

• 2 weeks later...

Chock and Spike are getting along nicely. What a good pairing. Chock is one of my two that i have. His brother had to be split from chock as he wasnt allowing chock to eat. That was n 2013 that they were split up. Chock lived on his own for six months as he was really under wait. Then i got spike last feb and they been together ever since. chock took spike under his wing. He showed spike round the cage. Made sure he new where everything in the cage bless him.

cleaned the pigs out yesterday and they spent over a hour exploring the nice clean cage. Making sure there was water hay and food before settling down for a nap.they love a nice clean cage mine do :)

Chock and Spike had a lovely long run in their pen this morning. They were out playing for over a hour and a half. I just left them to it and added a bowl of greenrs as i am a soft touch. they love their greenrs along with a run that makes them go to sleep afterwards. I run them before i am about to go sleep so they quiet through the night. They not like rats where they stay awake all night. They have a three hour sleep cycle through out twenty four hours. Three hours awake and three asleep. so they awake at different points through out the day. They get out their cage a lot as i have the pen for running them up all the the time. so its ready to be used at any point.

Archived