Mental Health Forums

Had Some Sleep

ruffryder

iv had issues with sleep for years now it was what kicked all my issues off i was working and i wasnt sleeping properly for months for the last 3 months of my last job (which was3 years ago) i felt like i didnt sleep at all. i would come home exausted wake up even more exausted, i would finish on friday and before i knew it monday was back and i never rested. things have been down hill since. iv been to the doctor about it and there is nothing wrong but i have not had a restfull sleep in years and the constant fatuige has broke me down and made all my issues worse. up untill yesterday. iv felt so horrible in my self the last few weeks so empty but feeling an intence nothingness of emotion its so hard to explain. i went to stay at a respite centre for a few days to try and help me rest. since leaving i just rested and slept when i felt i needed to which was alot, sleeping through the day (which i try not to do) and last night i had a nap and for the first time in years i felt like i truely rested i realised i kept talking and shouting in that sleep and i seemed to realese some stuff. thats all good but i have no idea how i did that, how i let go that much i actualy felt myself again and some true happiness but it needs work and i have no idea how to get back there to work on it!!!

That's brilliant you managed to get some sleep, I'm so happy for you that the respite centre was helpful. I didn't sleep properly for years till I went on anti-depressants that make you drowsy but for it to be happening naturally is so much better.

It's good you're trying not to sleep all day, it can be really difficult getting your body clock back into sync if you get into the habit of sleeping in the day. But at the same time it's good you are recognising when your body is telling you it needs to rest. If you feel tired during the day do you have any restful activities you could try to rest your body and mind without actually putting you to sleep?

Is there anything specific that happened at the respite centre that you feel helped? This is just an idea but it might be worth making a note of anything especially positive. Hopefully the old problems won't come back but if they do then it might help to have something to look at which tells you what helps you. There are things that help me but I can never remember what they are.

But you probably don't want me trying to give you advice now something good has finally happened! It really is good that you are feeling much better and finally able to sleep.

Archived