Mental Health Forums

Really Struggling With My Meds

angel tears

Hi

Ever since Monday I have been struggling with what I thought was hyper sexuality.... I have been constantly feeling aroused!!! I have I think been super aroused in the past but this hasn't left me ever since Monday and it's awful :(

I constantly feel turned on down below but I don't actually want sex?!?! I don't think about it, I am not turned on, just this constant state of arousal and it's there until I am sedated by my meds enough before bed. It's driving me crazy and even if I try to relieve it, it is still there!!!!!

I have read that trazadone can cause sexual issues including clitoral priapism where you are swollen down below and sexual arousal disorder in some people. The only thing it suggests is stopping the trazadone but my p doc won't support me with it and she won't let me change my meds!!!!. I have been telling people all week at the day hospital and it's really upsetting me and making me want to escape :(

Nobody will listen. It feels like torture and I want it to go away. I don't feel manic with it so it's confusing me but i want it to stop. They won't change my meds at all and I have had enough of it. I am so desperate I have been looking at private psychiatry. I feel played with like an experiment.

Xxxx

Aw Angel, this sounds not nice at all, pretty awful to be honest. :( Will really your doc not listen to you? You can't stay like that! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope something can be done quick. Hold on.

Hi angel, what you are going through sounds terrible. It's awful that they won't do anything as no one can live like that. Is there anyone higher up the chain (than those you have already spoken to) that you could possibly discuss this with? Or could you make a written complaint? Xx

Hi

My partner has mentioned complaining to PALS at the hospital, we both feel so let down. I know I am not a DR but me and my partner both really feel that it is bipolar... Mixed state and I am even on quetiapine which is used in bipolar and a dr commented how much I improved on quetiapine which points to bipolar!!! Yet the don't seem to want to treat it with any different meds!!!, very frustrated!!!.

They said it could be Bpd and bipolar yet they say I am very complicated. I have been seeing p docs for 17 years and they still don't know what to do... I have had enough of it now so I am considering a private dx .... It's not cheap but well worth it? I need to do something....

We have got a review meeting on Tuesday at the day hospital with another p doc!!! They are all so different. I have seen 3 different p docs in 3 weeks now.

I just don't have the faith that they are acting in my best interests. I know that dx isn't everything and it won't cure me but I have a right to know what it is and to be on the right meds. I don't understand why they won't try another mood stabiliser.... It's like they can't be bothered with swapping them then the potential work it will create for them if I react badly!!!

A private consultation is appealing but I don't know if the nhs will work with that?. I don't like my consultant either. She is on the other end of the scale and puts me on a high dose of quetiapine even when I told her I had put on over 2 stone in weight.

*sigh*

Xxxx

Hugs angel xx I would complain if I'm honest. The mh services are beyond shocking. There is no continuity of care which i find particularly scary. No one listens yet they are all quick to judge. If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving then making a complaint is something to think about. You are clearly suffering unnecessarily. I completely understand the need for a dx. I feel that way a lot. So far I have only managed to get a definite dx of OCD, severe depression and like you I'm classed as complicated so goodness only knows how long they will take to fill in the blanks!! I think a diagnosis leads to an understanding of a condition and the not knowing is so hard. I hope you do manage to get somewhere, I have no experience in the private sector so can't comment. Hugs xx

Archived