Mental Health Forums

Question For The Ladies (Pms)

Lily-Bee

Hi all,

So Im 9 days late already and no Im not pregnant. Due to my meds my periods are often late to very late. The thing is I get terrible PMS.

Depressed feelings, aches and pains, unable to sleep or unable to stay awake (sometimes sleep for 24 hours!). So in all very uncomfy.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips to make these times more bareble.

Lily

Hi Lily,

You know, I have never thought of the impact meds must have on my cycle but you have just enlightened me to a whole new reason why things don't often follow the pattern! Do you think they can be a real cause?

Anyway, PMS sucks, I agree! I don't have any magical cures sadly (wish I did!) but I think the most important thing is giving yourself extra care and attention during this time. I also suffer with the tiredness side of things, sometimes it doesn't fit in around life but if time does allow then I think it is good to get the rest your body is craving. Maybe eating foods that give extra energy could help too. Sorry I'm not much help. Think this is an area I could do with researching myself too.

Hi :)

Thank you for the sweet words!

I know my meds are a real cause. I was warned about it by my psychiatrist. You might want to look at the info with your meds, mine says in there that it can cause serious issues with your cycle.

Archived