Mental Health Forums

Anxious, Anxious, Anxious!

maddy harper

Feel really anxious all the time despite my anxiety pills. dont know what to do about it. I feel scared and frightened. Maddy no likey... Just thought i would post how i was feeling really. Thats all.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have so many worries. I worry about how much money i owe towards my care costs. I worry about whether i have enough money for everything. post stresses me right out. i worry whether my pigs are happy and healthy. The list goes on and on... Sy

Hu maddy harper, I'm sorry you feel so bad... Have you ever seen a book "Handbook in DBT group"? This book contains different DBT skills. I guess it is available on the Internet. Once I felt very anxious and it helped me, what if it helps you as well?

I know what that's like, you hope for something you can take to give you a brief respite from the anxiety. Opening the post was too much stress that I just avoided doing it without any good reason to do so. My psychiatrist thinks my anxiety had gotten to the level where it was causing psychosis. A cocktail of Clomipramine (a potent antidepressant, anti-anxiety med) and a single dose of Quetiapine daily both at bed time I've found are effective in calming me down and balancing out my mood.

There was a strong paranoid delusional component to my anxiety but you might discuss these meds as options with your person treating you. Often my doctors seem willing to just prescribe whatever you say in the absence of knowing much about this type of problem,, Clomipramine is only available at the moment under a modified release pill labeled Anafranil, as they stopped making the instant release ones late last year but I've found the modified release ones even better. Unfortunately the doctors didn't realise this was an option before they tried switching me to Lofepramine which I found an awful experience.

I find posting on here really helps me get some of the things out my head with out judgement. Which is one of the things i like about this place. i know i can come here and talk about anything and thats great. thats why i still here two years after my diagnosis.

my i phone has such a small internal memory that i cant update its operating system. Grrrrr!. Only had the phone 6 months. Looks like i will have to buy a new one next week. sy.

my laptop has dyed. Using a phone to post. woke up at four this morning. Why cant the doctors give me a decent sleeping med that actually works i dont know...

Hugs maddy not being able to sleep it horrible I don't fight it anymore I just don't sleep and try to get through each day the best I can not good advice I know sorry I hope your ok xx

Thanks for replying Addy. nice to kno there is someone out there listening to my problems. still feeling anxious this morning so have taken some anxiety tablets to squash it for a little while at least. it always comes back though thats the problem.

Im sorry to hear that you havent found a right medication to help with your anxiety. I know how horrible and debilatating it can be. Try relaxation, breathing exercises, they only help for a short time but better than nothing :-( Hope you feel better soon

I dont like the clonazepam as it makes me feel dead n the head. Thats why i only take three quarters of my dose per day as it makes me slow and stupid feeling. hope this post makes sence... Nothing is making sence at the moment.

I totally understand. I feel dead to the world most days, dont want to do anything, but then again id rather feel like that than by suicidal so i gotta weigh things up. sending big hugs to you

had to take my full dose yesterday but i fell asleep really early and woke at six. couldnt handle yesterday at all. I am ment to have four 0.5 mg tablets every day. They the longest acting benso in the benso group. Each tablet lasts 12 hrs just like my morphene ones. no wonder i feel stupid and slow when i take my full dose, i have to ly down and sleep it off which wastes time that i could use to make music.

Not feeling as anxious this morning. Today is one of my performences days so i have rehersals in the afternoon along with my friend who plays guitar. We will put a set together and i will usually put a set together my self. So i esentually play two sets each time. Mental...

I thought i was gonna have a good day with out anxiety but i was wrong. had to squash it with clonazepam. Well, thats what there there for.

The only thing thats bothering me is the fact that my ballence s dodgy now as a result from the clonazepam. Its not gonnm be a good day i dont think

Archived