Mental Health Forums

Schizoid And Promiscuity

afromage

Hi, this is my first forum post. I have a question for people with information regarding Schizoid Personality Disorder.

I'm not professionally diagnosed with Schizoid PD but i've got very similar personality traits along with a few other PDs based on internet diagnosis (I am not relying on the internet for an accurate diagnosis, i've got a mental health assesment coming up and i wanted to familiarize myself with my personality and way of thinking). Assume I am a Schizoid, I don't crave for social contact that I percieve as petty or worthless. I'm craving a kind of close and sexual relationship with a girl, just one person to openly share myself with, i'm not that bothered about friends. Is it possible for "someone like me" to crave a relationship like that and still be considered schizoid? I should probably note that I am 16 and a virgin so this could just be lust? and before anyone says i can't technically be diagnosed because of my age, just think hypothetically here. Plus, I've been expressing Schizoid and Schizotypal personality traits since I was around 13, which was about a year after I was started smoking cannabis almost every weekend for fun (and ignorance). sorry if i'm overanalyzing or if this explanation is too long or specific, i just need closure i guess?

Your heading says promiscuity but craving sex with one person isn't being promiscuous that would be totally normal. It isn't a good idea to self diagnose on the internet and at 16 they would be unlikely to give you a diagnosis. Lots of people prefer to be alone and I'm similar in a way that I don't really get involved in small talk it bores me I don't have friends as I don't trust people but I am in a relationship. Did someone tell you that you had traits of schizoid personality or is it all self diagnosised? Maybe the fact that you do crave a relationship means you don't fully fit the criteria for it but I'm not a professional so I couldn't say

Oh Holy Ghost!!! Really because you read about it on the internet and you believe you fit it and it fits you, DOES NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM mean you have it; Can I just get that out there!!!...

Stay away from looking up stuff on the internet Untill YOU have been given a true diagnosis by a professional, As your mind can easily make you start thinking you have this, That and the other... Plus you're 16 years old and more than likely you won't even get a PD diagnosis just yet as you're still young...

" Plus, I've been expressing Schizoid and Schizotypal personality traits since I was around 13, " Only YOU think this because you read up on it, Let's be honest here again shall we??? Google tells me I am dying if I put in about my headaches, So it must be right; I am dying, Thank you google for helping me out...

Hi

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Schizoid personality traits etc but I just wanted to say that I hear you are not using the internet to diagnose yourself, rather you're looking to familiarise yourself with the traits prior to your assessment. I did a similar thing to be honest as I was convinced I had borderline personality disorder, and it did help me with my initial appointment as I printed out the list of criteria and took them to my appointment with the doctor. We went through the list together - turns out she didn't diagnose me though, as she didn't think I fit that criteria. I'm still not sure as at the time I think I did (although I've changed considerably since then)

When is your assessment appointment? I hope it goes ok and you get the answers that you are looking for alongside support and treatment if appropriate.

Jenny

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Holy Ghost!!! Really because you read about it on the internet and you believe you fit it and it fits you, DOES NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM mean you have it; Can I just get that out there!!!...

Stay away from looking up stuff on the internet Untill YOU have been given a true diagnosis by a professional, As your mind can easily make you start thinking you have this, That and the other... Plus you're 16 years old and more than likely you won't even get a PD diagnosis just yet as you're still young...

" Plus, I've been expressing Schizoid and Schizotypal personality traits since I was around 13, " Only YOU think this because you read up on it, Let's be honest here again shall we??? Google tells me I am dying if I put in about my headaches, So it must be right; I am dying, Thank you google for helping me out...

This person needs help and you are simply being rude.

This person needs help and you are simply being rude.

And your point is??? Also why bring a post back up what's not been wrote on for nearly a month...

Just read this...didn't notice the date originally until I read Dice's last reply.

16 is very young...if you feel mentally unwell please see your doctor...or parents??

Dice has an important point about using the Internet...all symptoms lead to serious disease/injury..increases anxiety in most cases

Steve

Archived