Mental Health Forums

Neurofeedback - Maybe Helpful?

Kara.

I have come across, in my endless research for treatments, with neurofeedback as an adjuvant of the treatment for many symptoms including the ones of DID, which amazed me immensely. I have found this book yesterday and I read part of it in the amazon website (I don't earn a commission for publicizing amazon and I am even angry at them because of how they treat their employees and how they engage in legal, but highly immoral tax avoidance):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0393707865?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The chapter of the neurofeedback and psychotherapy is very interesting.

One has to be careful though and remain critical. It's not recognized by the NHS and private clinics charge a big lump of money. Still interesting and hopefully there is some more hope in the horizon.

That looks like quite a good book. It has 23 reviews and they are all 5/5. It looks quite good for people who have experienced trauma.

My only worry is that its trying to appeal to both patients and therapists and sometimes I find when a book does that it ends up being too complex for one audience and too simple for the other.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived