Mental Health Forums

( ●ー● ) Your Triggers?( •︵•。 )

Humblegrub

We all have triggers. But what different triggers do you have to the norm? For instance other than people, stress etc.... One of my worst ones is a song I love but instantly makes me panic and suicidal:

but it's so beautiful I'm addicted to it. It literally brings out every negative emotion in me to the surface

Hi Humble. I believe this music was composed for the movie 28 Days Later. I discovered it on an original soundtracks mix and also love it so I thought I would try to watch the movie but it's too violent for us, very triggering atmosphere.

There's Linkin Park songs I like to listen to when I feel angry but they can awaken negative emotions in me so I moderate myself.

I never wondered if we have unusual triggers. I'll tell you if we remember one.

Mine is stress, crowds and people talking too me when I'm busy. My anger just boils over. Being held down and anyone grabbing my ankles or knees proper sends me into another world. I have loads more but I don't notice them because it's just how its is now.

There are some songs that do it too. Hear you me by Jimmy eat world was a major one at one point. Not so much anymore.

lack of sleep is a major trigger for my voices starting up. That in turn causes thoughts of wanting to end my life but i have guinea pigs that depend on me,

I'm glad that you have the piggies, Maddy. Please make sure that every time you have someone or something that brings you back to life.

Our dog sends my partner over the edge. His mum too. Also stress, moving house, having kids, anything that makes him feel trapped or to dependent on someone, money troubles, lack of sleep. Allsorts really.

Archived