Mental Health Forums

Feeling Slightly Better

helenh

Hi all,

The last 7 days really, i have been really really low and frightened by it.

Somehow i have woken up feeling more positive this morning, got up with a smile, took my children to school, there were a couple of moments where i shouted where shouldnt, but nothing to the extent it has been. I have called my mental health team to ask about therapy and also called a private clinic to look at some therapy. My ex has said he will help finacially to pay for private sessions. Also been looking online at ways of coping with the bad days and have started writing a list of triggers and how i respond to them emotionally. If i could learn ways to handle my emotions better then i know i would cope with life a bit better x

Hi Helen. I'm very glad to know that today seems a bit better for you. It's good that you're aware of your triggers and how you respond to them. Hope that you can go for therapy and that it'll be helpful. Keep up the positive stuff! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Good for you! Are you writing down also different ways of coping to experiment with? Its good to be able to read that back when you need it.

Archived