Mental Health Forums

Hello, Hello, Hello!

Riverspell

Well then, after much absence the Ri is trying to return!

Things have been very busy for me of late and it's made it super hard to be online. Let alone online long enough to post anything. Most of the business was good however. So even though I'm worn out, it's a good worn out. Does that even make sense? xD

First off. I'm almost done weaning off the tegretol. At the moment I'm taking one tablet instead of two and I'll be going down another half in March. My psychiatrist was right that it was what was causing my shakes, randomly dropping things, and the random leg collapses. I've noticed a lot of change the more I've gone down! Already the shakes have mostly stopped, I'm only occasionally dropping things and I haven't fallen in weeks. It's a super good change that I'm very happy about. Already it's easier to do the arts and crafts I so enjoy.

I've also got a new doctor and she's simply amazing. She sat down with me the first time I saw her and actually listened. There was none of the usual "it's all in your head" or "you're seeking attention" or any of that other patronizing crap. Instead she talked through things with me, ran some blood tests (to check my increased cholesterol among other things) and finally gave me my birth control that I've been denied for over a year now. It's already making a difference. On top of that she did what no doctor has been willing to do for years now and checked out my digestive difficulties. What my family suspected for years was correct, I do in fact have IBS. However she's sending me to a nutritionist to see if a diet change will help and if it doesn't there's a medication she can give me. BAM, just like that in a matter of a couple visits she's solved issues no one else would for years! I practically cried over that fact and the fact that I may be able to eat food again without fear!

My mom is having some difficulties with physical and mental health problems. She's perking up some which is good. Beginning of last month I had to leave the house for 4 days because she verbally assaulted me (called me a fucking bitch among other things) and started chucking items. I knew it wasn't her but a separate personality (she has DID) but it was still hard and she's lately been increasingly hostile at random for no reason. It's making it hard for me and her husband but we're doing what we can to work through it.

Julio, my nutter dog, is continuing to be an epic source of support for me on late nights. He usually snuggles up against me when I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle. I'm trying to beat my last time record of 7 hours for a 1,000 piece puzzle. I was distracted that time so I'm sure I can do one faster than that! My 1,000 piece right now is a random cut to make it a bit harder. Silly Julio is quite patient with me but sometimes he abandons me for a warm bed instead when I'm up too late.

Hats on dogs are doggone adorable so I included a picture of Julio in a santa hat.

Hello River, it's so good to have news from you! Seems like there's been significant progress on some aspects of your life so I'm pleased with that. Julio is adorable in this Santa hat! Give him a rub for me. I send you big friendly hugs, dear. :)

So good to see you Three Moons! Thank you muchly for the reply. I've given Julio a good rub and he sneezed out of excitement. Now he's throwing his hedgehog toy at me. lol

Big hugs in return!

How cute is that dog!

I am so happy to hear how well youre doing and proud because yes you have great help but you did all the real work, you hung in there and are commited to take the needed action to get better. You are an example of the fact things really can get better and therefor its so nice to see this post, it might give others hope too.

Keep it up! :)

Hi River spell. I just wanted to tell you that your post is very encouraging. We seldom hear positive posts so it's nice that you shared with us. I hope life keeps raising you up. X

Thank you Angel, Lily, and Eagelheart. I'm glad I could help encourage folks with such a simple post!

I apologize for not replying immediately. I'm home alone for the next few days (and yesterday too) while my mom and step dad went out of state. So I'm babysitting the dogs and such. It has me busy and distracted. lol

Angel

Isn't he just? He doesn't appreciate hats though. Later on he made an effort to eat the santa hat!

Lily

You made me smile for the first time in a couple days! (The tegretol withdrawals make me unfortunately depressed for several days after a dose change.) I hope you're right and that it encourages others. When I posted this, I hadn't thought of that I just wanted to update people. But you're right, things really do get better. It just takes time, something that's unfortunately true and hard to deal with. Sometimes you just want everything to be better right this instant!

Eagleheart

I'm glad you found the post encouraging. I actually hope to be more positive on this forum than I have been. Sometimes I feel bad about some of the stuff I've posted! Hopefully things are good for you as well. =)

Archived